Reminising The Archives.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paleman

Reaction score
Does anyone sit down and read way back through the eons of AHB, just for the hell of it ?

I'm sitting here, enjoying a fantastic beer, on a warm sunny lazy afternoon, sideways peer at the cricket.........and am reading through the Allgrain and Partial segment, right from the start !! :p

Goes back to about 2002, which isnt really that long ago. Just goes to show how fast this fantastic site has grown.

Theres so much information, in fact its an encyclopedia of homebrewing.

One of the big eye openers, is reading threads wayback, from experienced brewers.......such as Batz, PostModern and so on, on how they did their first partials, then all grains.......Its fantastic. ( they really did do partials :D :beerbang: )

Paleman, I wish every new user sat down and took the time to read older threads on the forum, there is a huge amount of excellent information tucked away.

Have another beer, keep an eye on the cricket and may all the pearls of brewing knowledge be yours.

Paleman, I wish every new user sat down and took the time to read older threads on the forum, there is a huge amount of excellent information tucked away.

Have another beer, keep an eye on the cricket and may all the pearls of brewing knowledge be yours.

Pol......Im not quite a new user. I perused this site at least a year before joining.

Funny that you reply'd to my thread, as your name crops up in the archives too :p

I am a member of one or two other websites, one fishing, and one other beer site.

This one has to have the most friendly members, with the least agro.

Has there ever been a banned member on AHB ?.......ive never seen one.

This what I and others on here I know did it, lurked on here and read everything [took a couple of months] then joined in the forums, that was just over two years ago :) but it still did not stop me from asking very basic and at times stupid questions :unsure: .
But I went from partials to AG in quick time thanks to the info supplied by some of the gurus on this site. ;)

But I went from partials to AG in quick time thanks to the info supplied by some of the gurus on this site. ;)

Thats what I like to call the"AHB conversion syndrome".sooner or later everyone gets it. :party:

This what I and others on here I know did it, lurked on here and read everything [took a couple of months] then joined in the forums, that was just over two years ago :) but it still did not stop me from asking very basic and at times stupid questions :unsure: .

Thanks bindi........AHB is a fast track to real brewing. Thats if you have the confidence to do so. If not it also caters for the kit brewer.....which is fantastic.

Myself, im at the Partial Mash stage. Thanks to Grumpys. But i do admit to throwing in the odd kit beer, with heaps of flavouring and aromatic hops. Just for a stop gap brew.

I'll get into full mashing sooner or later........its tops that theres no pressure on this site for me to do so.

Gday Brau......good to see ya back again. Havin a Salad Finger, Cucumber Beer for ya........Jeremy Fisher dropped in. :party:

Banned Members....see how often the name Jovial Monk is used anymore.
The archives are fantastic, but I think your liver will have taken a serious hit by the time you get thru them :D

Jovial Monk rings a bell ??

Does he run a brew shop in Adelaide ?........cant be that good :p

Jovial Monk rings a bell ??

Does he run a brew shop in Adelaide ?........cant be that good :p

Dont want to get into politics.........just keep this fantastic site ticking along. Learning, learning learning !! :super:

Back