Relocating To Sydney For Work, Unable To Brew :(

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ 1 to black_labb's comment. i'm happy to learn and brew with new people (i'm quite new to it too though)

getting close on the 3v, and some more experience is always welcome ........ plenty of controled ferment room.
I'll be doing a double brew day 2v Xmas day, supplies are getting low and my assistant brewer will be away with mum! B)

Bugger that for a joke. Come brew at my place, cube it and ferment at home.

I've just started testing out my 3 vessel gravity system I bought from MCT.

Surely there's other like minded folk who would appreciate a brewmate for a day. C'mon Sydney. I know we've kinda dropped off the map in terms of case swaps and get togethers. But where's the sense of community gone?
i live just up the road for where you looking literally ie ryde. happy for you to come and use my gear to brew so long as i have a day off that day. you will need your own cube though but its a 3v system with reasonable efficiency for double batches dont normally do singles to get my figures right. dont have space to ferment really ether though ie currently taken up by my beers but could be convinced by the right means
pm me when your ready.

Problem with UBRewIT is you have to keep the whole lot in the fridge as soon as you bottle so if you're doing their minimum 6 slabs you need a very big fridge. UBrewIT don't have anything in Sydney though afaik.

Why is that ?
While i've never had a definitive answer, I can only imagine it's because they allow you to bottle the beer before it's finished fermenting, without any pasteurisation, and force carb it? Just a guess though, i've always wondered why myself. A bloke at my work did a 6-case batch of their JSGA clone, which he stored under his house rather than in the fridge, and reckoned two weeks later they'd all gone bad. They didn't explode, so it wasn't a bottle bomb issue, but he said they'd gone "off". Which just makes me more curious.

:icon_offtopic: I'd guess that they are possibly filtered, force carbed but not pasteurised, which could lead to flavour deterioration - bottle conditioned beers with live yeast in the bottle seem to improve over time to a certain degree, i.e. LCPA, Coopers etc but the non-pasteurised beers are supposed to be kept cold until drunk (The American Domestic Coors which is distributed in chilled trucks etc.)

i never went too high tech either but i reckon i can help you out cause i was a BIAB brewer as well :) Im marry a pom so no worries there mate. keep me posted with how ur going with ur kit. I get down there mid jan.

OK sounds good. Drop me a note when you get down if you haven't heard from me.

While i've never had a definitive answer, I can only imagine it's because they allow you to bottle the beer before it's finished fermenting, without any pasteurisation, and force carb it? Just a guess though, i've always wondered why myself. A bloke at my work did a 6-case batch of their JSGA clone, which he stored under his house rather than in the fridge, and reckoned two weeks later they'd all gone bad. They didn't explode, so it wasn't a bottle bomb issue, but he said they'd gone "off". Which just makes me more curious.

From my experience, it needs to be refrigerated because the bottling practice is so poor (bad sanitation on the bottles, lots of oxygen because it is poured into the top of the bottle from a tap). Keeping the beer cold slows oxidation reactions and the rate at which bacteria works.

Back