Rejoining

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macey918

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m logging back in for the first time in years.
I unfortunately put my brewing on the backburner (excuse the pun), but have now set up my first proper AG system.
It’s a standard 3 tier gravity setup, I managed to score 2 large SS Electric kettles and a 50liter SS double wall insulated mash tun on the internet a few years ago. I just got round to adding 1/2 inch SS fittings and trimmed a 40cm dome bottom to fit the MT so I’m all ready to go! I’ve also got a chest freezer to use as a fermenting chamber, just need to buy a controller.
I’m actually planning a SMaSH parti-gyle as my first AG brew https://beerandbrewing.com/no-math-parti-gyle-old-ale-ipa-and-esb-recipe/

I’ll bottle the barley wine, dry hop the IPA with more east Kent Goldings and leave the ESB bitter as is.
I haven’t done the maths yet, but I may try to blend more IPA and ESB and reduce the barley wine.

anyway, I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions and I’m looking forward to rejoining the homebrew community!
Andy

Back