Reinspired

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
My first stout story...

About 12 months back I brewed a chocolate stout, my first attempt at a dark beer. I followed the same procedure as I have with previous brews, which had all turned out pretty good. I was really looking forward to tasting my first black brew. About 1 month after bottling I couldn't wait any more, had to try it. YUK!!! Paint stripper! It had to have been the worst thing I had drunk since that ethanol dare in high school. I put that batch aside and went back to brewing lighter beers.

Fast forward to last night. I was playing around in the brewery and spotted the old stout batch. I needed some more long necks so I thought I would give it another go, if it was no good Id be using it as draino. Chilled one down poured myself a glass. Nice solid creamy head, aroma was pleasing, so far so good. I cautiously took a mouthful. JACKPOT !!! BRILLIANT !!! LOVE IT !!! It's amazing what a bit quiet time in the bottle can do to a beer. Can't wait to get home and crack another.

Reinspired Stout Brewer
Wax
:chug: :chug: :chug:

Fantastic Wax.
And now you have to drink all that fantastic stout for the bottles :lol:

Doc

Latest posts

Back