Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sintax69

Reaction score
What is the best co2 regulator to get?
Is the any differance between them ?
I was looking at the harris 601 seems to be the only one on ebay at the moment what others are there?
How did you guys that use Fire extiguishers mount them to the regulators some form of adaptor or they just fitted on?

Hey sintax69,

Go for the harris 601, you can get them off ebay, people on the forum or Andale for about $80.

I have one and it fits straight onto my extinguisher with a small modification. Just take it along to a fire extinguisher service place and try it on a few till you find the correct brand, I think they are Quell (?) and Wormald. I picked up a 3.5kg with the dip tube removed, pressure tested and filled for $100.

Jye

As usual Iam doing everthing asre about tit I have the extinguisher 6kg wormald one

A few years back in a former life servicing medical equipment :ph34r: , we used to use Datex-Ohmeda CO2 regs.
They were recommended to us by several hospital biomed techs as being cheaper and more reliable than the BOC units we were using at the time.
Unfortunately I haven't got the distributors details but they were really good to deal with. :)

I bought my dual gauge Harris 601 off GMK...$90 delivered.

PM the old coot and he'll sort you out! :p

Cheers,
TL

Trough Lolly
thats was who I was thinking of getting it off plus the other bits I need( throw him some bussness after all he does here)

I just ordered one off Ken + some other bits & pieces :p

Good work fellas - you need to help out battlers like Kenny and I!!

Cheers,
TL

Trough Lolly said:

Cheers,
TL
[post="85746"][/post]​

He is an old coot alright :lol: , a little round one , an old one ! :lol:

Don't forget the get a non-return value of him as well , no keg set-up should be without one.

Grand Mas........ Kenny :beerbang:

Batz

gee its grand master kenny

i thought it was grand mother kenny

live and learn

sintax69 said:
gee its grand master kenny

i thought it was grand mother kenny

live and learn
[post="85810"][/post]​

LOL :D :D

Batz said:
Trough Lolly said:

Cheers,
TL

He is an old coot alright : , a little round one , an old one !

Don't forget the get a non-return value of him as well , no keg set-up should be without one.

Grand Mas........ Kenny :beerbang:

Batz

I think Batz was referring to another Name...

Grand Masterb@tor Kenny - but we all know that once were Married that does not happen....
;)
.......Right...blink:

No no Kenny
I was thinking of

Mropessional
Mroficient
Mirtuoso
Mizard

Failing that

THE GRAND MASTER !! himself :beerbang:

Batz

I use a 601 on my home setup and it's GREAT :super:

Too scared/tight to use it for parties, so a dodgy one is used for that...but that's going off-topic...Harris 601 rules the wastelands, it's the ayatollah of rock @ rolla! *insert Mad Max II emoticon* :)

PZ.

what comes after grand master ? JABBA THE HUT? LoL

Batz said:
[post="85797"][/post]​

I fitted mine the other night as I was about to do the "Ross method" of force carbonation with my new 45L keg and didn't want to see beer shoot up through the gas line into the regulator. Mine makes a funny kind of screaming noise as the co2 is passing through it.
Does that sound normal?
It's rather disconcerting and it sounds like something is about to blow up.

Thunderlips said:
Batz said:
[post="85797"][/post]​

I fitted mine the other night as I was about to do the "Ross method" of force carbonation with my new 45L keg and didn't want to see beer shoot up through the gas line into the regulator. Mine makes a funny kind of screaming noise as the co2 is passing through it.
Does that sound normal?
It's rather disconcerting and it sounds like something is about to blow up.
[post="85895"][/post]​

My current model Reg. does the same. I purchased it from the local HBS, although I'm not sure if its normal or not :unsure:

PhilS said:
My current model Reg. does the same. I purchased it from the local HBS, although I'm not sure if its normal or not :unsure:
[post="85947"][/post]​

It's not so much the regulator, though that does it slightly also, it's the one way check valve that really screams.

Back