Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swiller

Reaction score
Only just found this great web site. Have been kegging for about a year now and always disappointed having to wait 2 days while a new keg gasses. I was thinking about buying another regulator until I found some great pix of fridges with dual regulators and split gas lines . Wondering how I can go about this. Any help would be great.
Cheers
Swiller :D

I am currently testing a method where you leave the cold keg under the one pressure all the time to both gas and then pour. My thinking is that if this works for me then its possible to have a T piece with gate valve and the second keg is carbonating while you are drinking the first. Sounds easy eh? :D BTW I like the name.... Swiller.

Cheers Nearly,

It does sound easy, good luck and keep me posted on the outcome.

Swiller :D

When I first started kegging I used that exact technique Nearly.

I have a splitter after the regulator, then two one-way valves before each disconnect.

I used to keep the same pressure to dispense and carbonate.

Now I just unplug the serving kegs If I want to carbonate. Crank the gas to 300kpa and leave it for a night or two. I usually find I've got enough gas left in the other keg to pour 3 pints or so anyway.

When I first started kegging I used that exact technique Nearly.

How come you changed it kook? Is there a downside I should know about?

Took 5 days to carbonate :) Now it only takes 24-48 hours. 24 if the keg is already chilled, 48 if its not.

Forgive me kook... I am feeling dense. :( If the second keg is happily carbonating on the other side of the T piece while you are merrily drinking from the first keg.... whats the downside?

Um, er, unless you are drinking the kegs quicker than one a week... :p

I've got two taps, and I'm impatient :)

I always want to try the beer as soon as I've got it kegged.

Two taps!!!! Ah of course.... perfectly understandable. B)

We have 3 taps but about 10 kegs so it doesnt realy matter however it is quite easy to do.

Firstly the botle pressure is way to high for any nylon hose or regular fittings so your first regulator screws on to the bottle and is set for carbonating pressure. I use 40 PSI. After this you could have as many tee off's as you want its all determined by flow. And that wont be a problem.

Now one of these tee off's fit another regulator. Not a bottle regulator. They require a way too high input pressure. Instead use a aircompressor regulator that qyou can pick up from a hardware store.

Make sure you get a guage. Set this one for pouring pressure. Again off this one you can also have many tee off's

But the way I do it is to stick 40psig on the Keg to be carbonated and rock it on its side for 10-15 minutes then stand up disconnect the gas and put it back in the fridge. Every day just stick 40psig back on it to top it up.

After 10_15 mins rocking its actually carbonated priety well and definately a good drink.

Back