Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozbrewer

im ozzing flab
Reaction score
GDay all

Yesterday I bought a new Mig welder, It came with a Co2 bottle and a small fixed regulator. Now being that Co2 is no good for welding SS, i got my self a nice Argon bottle...and payed a shed load for the rental...but im left with a 1kg bottle of co2, and a small regulator, now i know that its not food grade, but Co2 is Co2, and its in a new bottle, now firstly, does anyone know what type of pressure these small regs are set to, im thinking i can use it for a party keg type set up, either directly into the keg, or via a air chuck, problem is replacement for this bottle is about $30 as they just throw out the old bottle, they dont refill, so im thinking i can use the reg for a soda stream bottle....that is if some one would like to make me an adapter, for a fee of course....

what do you all think, is it worth mucking around with, has anyone done this before?

Most fixed welding regs have about 200kPA max output, which would be a tad high. Are you sure its not possible to take the front off and reset the pressure?

ausdb said:
Most fixed welding regs have about 200kPA max output, which would be a tad high. Are you sure its not possible to take the front off and reset the pressure?
[post="59447"][/post]​

ive just pulled it apart, and there is no real adjustmnet, but im now thinking of a small inline pressure guage, ?....anyone have a sorce of guages, just a small one i guess?

ozbrewer said:
ive just pulled it apart, and there is no real adjustmnet, but im now thinking of a small inline pressure guage, ?....anyone have a sorce of guages, just a small one i guess?
[post="59448"][/post]​

Try a auto parts store for a air regulator, i think they are around 30 bucks. It would just go inline after that reg you have.
You could also use the reg as is just turn on the gas bottle for a fraction of a second when the pressure goes down in the keg, not ideal but it will work.

Dancing days
Jayse

Latest posts

Back