Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuckles

Reaction score
This is me first post.
I have read a lot and there is some good info here thanks
I just got a second hand keg kit from the paper(by the way i am i townsville qld)
made a brew put it in the keg and went to gas it the regulator gauge gets stuck on 300kpa? then i found out its a oxy reg, not a co2? cant afford a new gauge for a couple of weeks if i use it a 300kpa will the beer still gas? can someone suggest a reg to buy fairly cheap.
this is a big learning curve hope to get some advice.

my setup
2 22l kegs
pluto gun
my own gas bottle pte (not cig)
oxy reg

somebody gave me a allbar twin co2 reg but it needs diapharms? anybody

nuckles said:
This is me first post.
I have read a lot and there is some good info here thanks
I just got a second hand keg kit from the paper(by the way i am i townsville qld)
made a brew put it in the keg and went to gas it the regulator gauge gets stuck on 300kpa? then i found out its a oxy reg, not a co2? cant afford a new gauge for a couple of weeks if i use it a 300kpa will the beer still gas? can someone suggest a reg to buy fairly cheap.
this is a big learning curve hope to get some advice.

my setup
2 22l kegs
pluto gun
my own gas bottle pte (not cig)
oxy reg

somebody gave me a allbar twin co2 reg but it needs diapharms? anybody
[post="51181"][/post]​

I doubt an oxy reg would fit on a CO2 bottle, the threads are different.
And when you mean "stuck' what do you mean, it's fixed rate, or 300 is as high as it goes? At 300kpa you only need to gas the beer for 24 hours, then drop to 60kpa or so to serve.

Its quite on the cards that you have a CO2 reg but at sometime it has been fitted with gauges from an O2 reg. The contents gauge will be ok but the pressure gauge probably has too broad a scale to fine tune a keg. The working range of a keg is 60 to 100 kpa. you only need more if you are force priming then 300kpa is plenty. If your gauge is only reading from zero to 300, dont trust it. the gauges usually have a pointer stop just below zero and for all you know it may not start to register until it has a zillion kpa behind it

The thread is completely different , to start with the oxy. gauge has a male thread , co2 a female

Batz

it fits the co2 bottle it looks like they have taken the female thread from a co2 bottle because it has some goo on the reg side.
the gauge seems to start at zero go to 300 when you adjust it but stop there even if you turn it more?
just scard of blowing a keg up? is the release valve on the keg like set pressure so this wont happen?

Latest posts

Back