Regulator Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burchman82

Reaction score
hi all, i just aquired myself a regulator. heres a pic of it. however, im not sure on whether this is what i need to have.. i want to get it put onto the soda-stream adaptor. will it do the job???

on the sticker it says:
Regulator, Relief.
.5~8.5kgf/cm2
7~120psi

on the holes on the side, it has printed on it OW 1/2 also, is that a fitting size?

any ideas on what i should do with it'??? im a complete dumass with regs so....

DSC02669.JPG

it has an in hole and an out hole, theres a hole on the opposite side to the guage that has a hex-key plug in it. thats all i know.

Burchmann I hate to tell you but that reg does not appear suitable for hooking straight to a CO bottle. Which at 26C will have a pressure of 970psi/6700 kPA or 68kgf/cm, what you have looks an inline regulator from a pneumatic system. This is only suitable for regulating lower pressures ie if you have a reg off your CO putting out 15psi and you want to run some other kegs at a lower pressure you could use this reg to run the lower pressure ones

HTH

Ausdb

yep

ausdb is right - u still need a high presure reg/vlave to drop th einlet presure uner 120ps.

U can use this to reg pouring presure on the outlet - while having higher keg conditioning presure on th einlet.

damn
oh well, i guess its not goin on a soda-stream.
will have to use it for dual-regging i guess like you suggested.

Latest posts

Back