Regulator for 3 ring burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too high.

There are 5-15kPag regulators that are perfect right down at 5kPag. You shouldn't need to go more than that.

0.5 to 4barg is 50-400kPag,where the standard BBQ regulators are 2.75kPag. Think about that, and particularly the consequences of something isn't rated to that pressure or heat output.

Brew Adelaide is where I got mine from memory,

Should be a few stockists about. Maybe check grain and grape too.

$100 that's ridiculous. I can buy 2 burners for that (but not sure if brew kettle fits across both)

reckon I can get a rolling boil with 35L of wort using stock regulator?

yoboseyo said:
$100 that's ridiculous. I can buy 2 burners for that (but not sure if brew kettle fits across both)

reckon I can get a rolling boil with 35L of wort using stock regulator?
I don't know which part if the country you are in but i could get a rolling boil with 32L, stock 3-ring regulator.

Although it's warm here it can get windy. I wanted more control over my boiloff rate, and less time hanging around waiting for temps to come up.

There are lots of brewers using stock regulators happy with them and making great beer.

I highly recommend against the 0-200kPa regulator.

Even 5kPa occasionally blows itself out from too much gas velocity over the nozzles. How are you planning on getting adjustment on a 200kPa spring as fine as 3-5kPa?

I don't mean to be rude but spend the $5 more and save yourself potentially putting 200kPag on something rated to only a few kPag and having it crack open or explode. Or blowing out the flame and filling your garage with propane. Plus it doesn't come with a hose - so you need the right hose with the right fittings to fit it to your burner.

Adr_0 said:
I highly recommend against the 0-200kPa regulator.

Even 5kPa occasionally blows itself out from too much gas velocity over the nozzles. How are you planning on getting adjustment on a 200kPa spring as fine as 3-5kPa?

I don't mean to be rude but spend the $5 more and save yourself potentially putting 200kPag on something rated to only a few kPag and having it crack open or explode. Or blowing out the flame and filling your garage with propane. Plus it doesn't come with a hose - so you need the right hose with the right fittings to fit it to your burner.
I think you're right.

Just bought the 5-15 reg. fingers crossed

Hey, how has the 5-15 reg performed?
My 3 ring with standard reg is taking like 45-50mins to reach boil (50lt) after mash. I want to half that.
Will the 5-15 reg get me somewhere close to that? Or will I have to upgrade to a high pressure jet burner?

Hey, how has the 5-15 reg performed?
My 3 ring with standard reg is taking like 45-50mins to reach boil (50lt) after mash. I want to half that.
Will the 5-15 reg get me somewhere close to that? Or will I have to upgrade to a high pressure jet burner?
No response for a while. Hopefully he hasn't blown himself up!

Does anyone have a good source for a 0-15kpa reg? or anywhere in the lower range as long as it starts at 0. Thinking about upgrading but as mentioned in this thread, getting one that goes to 200kpa for a four ring burner seems like it will limit any fine controllability

No response for a while. Hopefully he hasn't blown himself up!

That almost happened to me with a higher pressure/adjustable reg on a 3 ring burner! Had the gas blow back/in back to the jet at the base of the burner, flames came out the air intake and started melting/burning the gas hose... Caught it before it burnt through luckily. I no longer have that gas regulator.

That almost happened to me with a higher pressure/adjustable reg on a 3 ring burner! Had the gas blow back/in back to the jet at the base of the burner, flames came out the air intake and started melting/burning the gas hose... Caught it before it burnt through luckily. I no longer have that gas regulator.
That sounds exciting!

Latest posts

Back