Refractometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the third time.... :)
SteveSA said:
Personal choice of course but the first one is clearer to my eyes
[post="85625"][/post]​
Ross,

The first refrac I used was a friend's which was the same as the bottom pic shown. My intention was to get the same one but came across the top one while searching on Ebay. Having used both, we agreed that the top one is clearer and easier to read.

The top pic I've posted was sent to me by Instruments Depot at the time I purchased mine. I asked if it was possible for him to take a pic of the scale because another company's ad had the bottom pic but ID's ad was lacking such a pic. Sure the bottom one could be clearer but I've posted them here to give people an idea of what is available.

Misleading - I don't think so.
A guide so that people can draw their own conclusions - Yep.

As Darren says they do the same job.

Steve

I guess we'll have to beg to differ on which is the easier to read - but mine is calibrated to 0.2 divisions which can be clearly read through the eye piece, whereas the one you have is only in 1.0 unit divisions, leaving you to guess the difference - however, never having viewed yours (only going buy your pic), I accept your preference... :D

But still doesn't answer the question I keep asking - Which model is Kenny buying, so people can look at the variances & make there own choice...

cheers Ross

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Goes the sound of people shooting themselves in the foot with refractometers. :blink:

Caveat Emptor!

Without going into my own personal opinion of some bulk buys... You pays your money! ;)

Warren -

the model i am getting is from Instruments Depot - same as Steves - same as mine.
Very happy with it.
The scale has 0.2 increments so that u can read 10.4 etc...
Also has ATC, screw driver, 2 pipetes, foam box and instructions and is metal.

Hope this Helps

GMK said:
the model i am getting is from Instruments Depot - same as Steves - same as mine.
Very happy with it.

Hope this Helps
[post="85680"][/post]​

Steves pic doesn't have 0.2 increments, so cant be same as his :blink:

Just the model number PLEASE - then no more confusion

Cheers Ross

[/quote]

Fair enough - so what model is the one Kenny's supplying - mine shows a split line, one side blue & one side clear - even with my poor eyesight, it's crystal clear...
[post="85621"][/post]​
[/quote]

Just read back. If that is the one you got it is the harder to one read as the graduations are much closer. I have the same model and works fine for me

Ross said:
GMK said:
Very happy with it.

Hope this Helps
[post="85680"][/post]​

[post="85682"][/post]​

Ummm...... yes it does.

Aaron said:
Ross said:
GMK said:
Very happy with it.

Hope this Helps
[post="85680"][/post]​

[post="85682"][/post]​

Ummm...... yes it does.
[post="85684"][/post]​

LOL - you're right - told you my eyes wern't good.... :D Couldn't see it till I expanded the picture - but could read the clear one ;)

You guys are funny....

I think we have done this topic to death...
As long as those who participate in the bulk buys are happy - then everyone wins.
I am happy to answer any questions on any of the deals i do..
just as i have always done...

Then if u are not happy - don't participate...

OK - now taht i am home....

Here is the model no.

FG113 0-32% Brix ATC....

Ross said:
Aaron said:
Ross said:
GMK said:
Very happy with it.

Hope this Helps
[post="85680"][/post]​

Steves pic doesn't have 0.2 increments, so cant be same as his
[post="85682"][/post]​

Ummm...... yes it does.
[post="85684"][/post]​

LOL - you're right - told you my eyes wern't good.... Couldn't see it till I expanded the picture - but could read the clear one
[post="85685"][/post]​

Well I have the blue screen one , the Batz bulk buy

Thank goodness we didn't get stuck with those old seconds like Ross has ! :eek:

I'll never forgive myself !

Cheers Ross :lol:

Batz

i have the same model and very happy with it,the smaller grad are harder to see but i round of to the nearesr .25 nrix it close enough for me and i be lost with out it now ,and it was a kenny buy too i had no complaints and if a few $$ was made they did yhe hard work as long they dint make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Getting off the subject I know , but.

I don't believe bulk buys are for any profit what so ever.

That's the idea of bulk buys, too help each other out !

None of Batz bulk buys have ever netted me a cent , and I would expect the same from any other AHB member doing a bulk buy for the good of the HB forum.

Thanks to all who have spent the time and effott to do these , I know they can be a major hassle

Batz

I've peered through refracs of the magnified strip and the unmagnified circle kind. I must say that the magnified ones are much sexier beasts, but I don't have any difficulty reading the scale from my unmagnified (and sans ATC...) model. Then again I am young and still have my eyesight.

I have had some PM's from guys taht want some refractometers.

If there is 10 i will organise another Buy...Price should remain at 65.00.

The following are interested...
Tidal Pete - pretty sure u are covered from the last one Pete as u asked first.
Johnno
Wally
Ntboozer
Tangent

Possibles
Kong
Schmik

Upto you guys...

Hey GMK,
i was a maybe... but just decided to grab one off ebay anyway as i didnt know what your plans were, Sam jumped in with me, and i have bought 2 from "Industrial Depot" i think thats the same place as you guys.
i had planned to get from NIS where Ross grabbed his but the guy was too slow getting back to me and was more expensive. :blink:
Cant remember the exact name .... "Superclearscale 0-32% food beer and wine"
we payed US$30.48 each which was the starting bid price.. although postage became US$20.
So it could work out cheaper for 2 people in the same location to sort it out themselves... if they can grab them for the bidding price.

should have them in a week or 2 i hope. :super:

cheers
KoNG

GMK said:
I have had some PM's from guys taht want some refractometers.

If there is 10 i will organise another Buy...Price should remain at 65.00.

The following are interested...
Tidal Pete - pretty sure u are covered from the last one Pete as u asked first.
Johnno
Wally
Ntboozer
Tangent

Possibles Kong
Schmik

Upto you guys...
[post="86590"][/post]​

Thanks GMK. I'll be in this FG113 0-32% Brix ATC buy if there is no spare available from your other bulk buy.

:beer:

ATC definitely worthwhile.

I believe you should try to calibrate them at 20C though.

Back