Refractometers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilS

Reaction score
Reading the earlier posts on refractometers I am converted B)
I am in the market for one & looks like I'll buy one from this dealer on ebay

http://stores.ebay.com.au/National-Industr...storeviewQQtZkm

The one I'm interested in is 0-32% brix with ATC.
Should I get one measuring higher than 32%? I also want it lit by artificial light, but I guess that is an overkill :lol:

Any thoughts from the masses?

You'll wonder how you ever took readings on brewday without it!

Here's another page with some info:
http://valleyvintner.com/Merchant2/DataShe...rac_Compare.htm

I think they are probably all much of a muchness around that price but they all seem slightly different, so hunt around to find the deal and the model you like.

I found a 2nd hand Japanese one on ebay for the same price as a new Chinese one - probably makes no difference but I'm happy with it.

You are in luck...

I did a small bulk buy of refractometers from Instruments depot a while ago.

I have just paid for another small bulk buy of 10 - for the BBC members - i will have one spare.
You can have it for 65.00 - unless they add GST/Duty plus 10.00 express freight.
It is the same as that one - 0-32 Brix with the blue field in the case etc. but has ATC...

God GMKenterprises is GOOD :super: :D

I can't say you'd definitely need one. However once you have one you'll always wonder how you survived without it. :beerbang: Very convenient brew tool. :rolleyes:

Warren -

i recently bought one for $67 inc postage from a sydney ebayer called refractometerimports. delivered in 2 days. Model RHB-32bpATC, Brix 0-32%.
not related, just happy customer.

cheers

Thanks for the fast replies everyone, you have made my mind up for me!

GMK, yep I'd like that one if you dont mind? I want to get some more brew related gear off you as well :)

PhilS said:
Thanks for the fast replies everyone, you have made my mind up for me!

GMK, yep I'd like that one if you dont mind? I want to get some more brew related gear off you as well :)
[post="84067"][/post]​

Fantastic - just pm or e-mail me...

go for it phil.i havent touched my hydrometer since buying a refractometer on another ahb bulk buy.so easy and quick to use.wouldnt brew without it these days.

cheers
big d

I bought one on ebay for $72.0 with postage from the same mob Plastic Man has linked above, I did not know about the Sydney ebayer. :huh: Oh well, live and learn. :(

GMK said:
You are in luck...

I did a small bulk buy of refractometers from Instruments depot a while ago.

I have just paid for another small bulk buy of 10 - for the BBC members - i will have one spare.
You can have it for 65.00 - unless they add GST/Duty plus 10.00 express freight.
It is the same as that one - 0-32 Brix with the blue field in the case etc. but has ATC...

God GMKenterprises is GOOD :super: :D
[post="84037"][/post]​

Alas, too late again GMK. :( if you find another one please let me know.

:beer:

Got mine super cheap... FREE.

Mate of mine was a Coca-Cola technician, he left the industry several years ago and still had his refractometer lying around. Only cost me a session or two with my beer. :chug:

Warren -

Email sent thanks Ken.

Warren, your mate would have been "handy" to know in the business :)

Thinking of getting one for SWMBO for Xmas ;)
Better earn the brownie points first though :chug:

Refractometers are in today...

Aaron, Anthony Mac and Phill - pm me...

Aaron and Anthony Mac - i can drop yours at either Wee Stu's sat or Crispy's Sunday.
So far no nasty GST/Duty surprises so cost is 65.00 ea.
Let em know.
Tidal Pete - there might be another spare - u have 1st Option.

I can do another order of 10 - is the best value for money - but the cost with the dollar falling etc will be closer to 70.00 ea.
So - if u guys get together for an order of 10 - i will do another one.

GMKenterprises

Thanks mate. I look forward to getting my hands on it.

Ross said:
Well, I just bought 2 of these & worked out at AUD 50 each delivered to my door.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-0-32-ATC-Brix-R...oQQcmdZViewItem

Has yours some other featues kenny? - Very pleased with mine...
[post="85459"][/post]​

If you got yours for 50.00 AUSD - fantastic.

But the ebay says 31.00 US plus 8.00 US surface mail or 14.00us for air ...

so taht is 39-45.00us = 53.00 to 63.00 Aus.

so well done - u can organise a bulk buy for the next 10. :super: :D

Back