Refilling sodastream cylinder issue

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangover68

Reaction score
I bought an adapter so that i can refill a kegland sodastream cylinder but i'm not getting any gas flow when i open the valve, i watched the video a few times and and got the process right.
Refilling from a 2.6kg gasguys cylinder that is approx. 3/4 full, tried a branded sodastream cylinder but still no gas flow.
The large cylinder doesn't have the rpv as shown in the KL video.

Not sure about the kegland cylinders, some variation of type on the genuine sodastream cylinders in that the one with larger flat " button" in the top of it needs to be filled from a very slow start otherwise the valve paradoxically shuts off and you can't put gas in.
You won't of course get gas into a full cylinder but I expect you know it's empty.
Chilling cylinder in freezer does help a lot.

Found the problem, the 2.6kg cylinder WAS 3/4 full but i must have a leak somewhere so its now empty.
Will exchange a genuine SS cyclinder on the way to the party and arrange for a gasguys swap during the week for the 2.6.

Found the problem, the 2.6kg cylinder WAS 3/4 full but i must have a leak somewhere so its now empty.
Will exchange a genuine SS cyclinder on the way to the party and arrange for a gasguys swap during the week for the 2.6.
What a pain. Should be plain sailing with a refill.

Back