Reducing the Fermentasauras stand height

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckerooni

Reaction score
so after modding the fermentasauras [ https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/modding-the-fermentasaurus.98202/ ] I have reduced the height of the stand so it fits in my fridge with the pressure kit etc. ace!

but I need to refix the frame legs together so it's solid again, better than the electrical tape you see here for exhibition purposes only. Any ideas?

I don't have a welder, if there's a DIY approach I'd be keen. There's a few fabricators around my area I reckon if thats the only sensible approach - welding the SS...

OK, I've just got myself a capable welder through a buddy, I'll just do that!

I reckon by the time you're done pimping the Saurus, it'd be more expensive than a SST conical:)
Not that I should be commenting as I'm on a budget and tend to do things bit by bit as I can afford.

I reckon by the time you're done pimping the Saurus, it'd be more expensive than a SST conical:)
Not that I should be commenting as I'm on a budget and tend to do things bit by bit as I can afford.

crazy talk! coming in at under $250 - around $110 for parts for the mod, $135 for the sauras with pressure kit (xmas discount at shop) and the reduced height makes it easier to fit in a bunch more fridges...this modded sauras is owning!

+ a few beers to the fabricator, which would be basically free if I had any homebrew to give him!!

Yeah, height is an issue - hopefully Rev 2 will address this.
Definitely a bonus having tradie mates :)

You should have just twisted the top and bottom so that the height reduces no welding just brute force , once you’ve got it moving it should be easy

you could use bulldog clamps i think the frame is 8mm so 8mm bulldog clamps. They are usually used for clamping wire rope together but should work. use 2 per join.

Could braze it, $100 would get you all the gear you need and you can use it down the track for making custom fittings and water distillation devices

you could use bulldog clamps i think the frame is 8mm so 8mm bulldog clamps. They are usually used for clamping wire rope together but should work. use 2 per join.

nice! I've got a bunch of those in a box, didn't think of that, thanks!

bulldog clips added! what I like about this is the height can be adjusted depending on the fridge.

full

I just turned my stand upside down. The bottle sits in the crisper section. I already had the grating in the fridge as I also store kegs in there.
20180617_121841.jpg

Attachments

• 20180617_121841.jpg
    20180617_121841.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130

Latest posts

Back