Recycling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildburkey

Reaction score
Hi all, Just thought I might share a picture of an old broken bed that I recently repurposed. My daughter helped me design it and my gf helped me to construct it. It's quite roughly slapped together using the available tools and joining materials laying about and still needs a sanding and a fresh coat of varnish.
We could dedicate this thread to repurposed household items and share ideas if others want to add their pictures or thoughts :)

20170415_111445.jpg

Looks great wildburkey! Good pew to worship at the beer altar I assume you're making next? [emoji1]

Nothing compostable ever goes into my garbage bin - just plastic wrap and other stuff I can't put in the recycling bin. Some weeks I only need to drop one twist top bag into the bin.

All food scraps, peelings, leftovers and bones - and most snotty tissues etc - go into a little "garden bin" on the bench which is tipped into a conical compost bin out back. Every couple of weeks the fermenting sludge is layered with lawn clippings / leaves on its journey to compostland and eventually gets repurposed as flowers, beetroot, okra etc.

Bribie G said:
Nothing compostable ever goes into my garbage bin - just plastic wrap and other stuff I can't put in the recycling bin. Some weeks I only need to drop one twist top bag into the bin.

All food scraps, peelings, leftovers and bones - and most snotty tissues etc - go into a little "garden bin" on the bench which is tipped into a conical compost bin out back. Every couple of weeks the fermenting sludge is layered with lawn clippings / leaves on its journey to compostland and eventually gets repurposed as flowers, beetroot, okra etc.
You can recycle soft plastic! Just clean it then dry and put in the plastic bag bin at the supermarket!

Back