Recycling Watery Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numnum

Reaction score
OK so my first brew for quiet a few years,was too gun-ho and added too much water and didn't realise until way too late!!the beer is just too watery,my question is,if I let this get back to ambient temp,could I pour my kit and kilo in the fermenter,then pour this keg in instead of water?or would there be too great of a risk of infection in the new brew.the keg was cooled,gassed and ready to go but yeah,like fizzy water.

carlton-draught-made-from-beer.jpg

What volume did you actually make it to? and What was it? I once make a 30L (or 33L, cant remember) batch from 1 can and a KG (and a bit :D ) of LDM/DEX, but i was broke, desperate..... It was alot thinner, but was reasonably ok to drink.

Close to what you did,it was 2 tins of black rock pils,2kg dextrose,2 yeasts and a sachet of low Carb enzyme made up to 56 litres.

Not sure,I didn't have a hydrometer when I did that one,or a thermometer.I do now though!!I dare say I might have done something wrong as well just being out of practice.I'm learning heaps from the forum.I've just put down a single batch of black rock colonial lager with 1kg of dextrose and 125 grams of light malt extract,I put the thermometer in to check the temp before I took a hydrometer reading and the temp was 32c,so I guess if I had of added the sachet of s04 yeast I could have killed it.I think I'll water the lawn with the pils and learn from it.

i've had some great results from keg blending.

in fact i'm kind of running a dregs keg as an experiment. as a rule i only brew ales. If a corny is getting low and i need to free up some space, i put its remnants into my dregs keg... i think at the moment it's on about it's fifth blending.. amber, golden, dark, stout, pale.... tasting great! bit like a port barrel!

Back