Recycled Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD T

Reaction score
Hi all,
I thought I would post this as it may be of help to new brewers like myself.
If you seem to be short of bottles and don't want to pay for PET or glass ones.
Have a look around at your local recycling drop off point. I have been lucky enough to collect about 100 stubbies and 60 Long Necks from the kind people in my area who even rinse out the bottles, replace the caps, place them back in the cartons and deposit them beside, not in the recycling bins at the drop off.
It may help any one who wants to keep brewing faster than their beer can be consumed.

Cheers
Brad :party:

I picked up about 200 empty Champagne bottles after New Year's 2000. I reckon they're great for brewing - solid, strong, classy. You need a different cup for your capper and special champagne bottle caps but they're readily available.

If only they made them in brown...

Yeah Wort,
The champagne bottles are great, however SWMBO has given strict instructions that I have to reserve them to make some bubbles for her. I have been looking at the wine kits etc. at my LHBS.
I reckon it is probably easier and just as cost effective to watch out for specials at Dan Murphy's, than make my own.

Cheers

Back