Reculturing Cultured Cpa Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshallBrew

Reaction score
Hello gents,

I have recently put down a pale ale using yeast cultured from two stubbies of CPA. I was wondering if it is possible to re-use the yeast from the brewing tub at the end of fermenting so I can do another yeast starter and put down another brew?

If this is possible, does anyone have any tips?

I have tried searching through the forums but was unsuccessful

Thanks in advance.

Hello gents,

I have recently put down a pale ale using yeast cultured from two stubbies of CPA. I was wondering if it is possible to re-use the yeast from the brewing tub at the end of fermenting so I can do another yeast starter and put down another brew?

If this is possible, does anyone have any tips?

I have tried searching through the forums but was unsuccessful

Thanks in advance.

I am prety sure you can, i found a good wiky i think it was, (can't find it now) where the guy explained you transfer your beer to secondary and pour some sterilised water into the cake. then scoop a good glass of it and use it for your next brew. need to sanitise everything.

Thanks guys! After spending the last hour reading the thread above, the best answer to my question was on the last page!!

So basically, when I have finished bottling my latest brew (CPA can, 500g LDME, 1kg Dex, plus POR and Cascade hops) I swirl the slurry around a bit, pour into a couple of bottles, refrigerate and should be fine to use at a later date (as a starter).

Well that is my understanding, please can someone tell me if I am on the right path?

This is from somewhere here on AHB. I chucked it in a word document as I am looking at getting into starters too. Hope this is helpful.
Cheers, John.

View attachment 38288

Edit- I need to read these threads a little better... OP didn't need this. Sorry.

Yeah thanks mate, I managed to get a starter going from a couple of stubbies of CPA, however looking at re-using the yeast from the fermenter once I have finished bottling.

Back