Rectangular false bottom search

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milk-lizard84

Reaction score
Howdy all. Just wondering does anyone else in australia make the rectangle false bottoms like the beerbelly ones?

Not that I'm aware of.

Couldn't you just get some stainless sheet and a nice sharp drill bit?

You could buy some perforated stainless sheet and cut it to size. Someone like Geordi Stainless would have this.

I ran across this the other day and it got me thinking. But then, at this price, you may as well get the BB false bottom and save yourself the effort. I didn't have any luck finding a good price on perforated SS mesh. I think Wolfy sourced some once, but he hasn't been on AHB much that I've seen for quite a while.

I fashioned my own using a stainless steel cover for a dishwasher and a an angle grinder.

If I was doing it again I'd be getting some perforated stainless steel sheeting.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Just getting abit impatient. Just waiting for the false bottom to come back in stock. Just wanna finish building my 3v set up damn it haha

Is this what you are after? ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1437628296.235974.jpg

Spot on Fugglehop. They are busy at beerbelly finishing another project so other stuff is on the back burner

Back