Recommended home brew stores

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegBadgery

Reaction score
I've had good dealings with ESB in NSW, Grain and Grape in Victoria and BrewYourOwnAtHome in the ACT. If you're buying gear from overseas I'd also recommend B3 (beer, beer and more beer - USA) and la cachette du bootlegger (Canada).

ESB
http://www.esbeer.com.au

Grain and Grape
http://www.shb.com.au/

I don't know if BrewYourOwn have a website.

The above Australian stores all deal in kits, extract and all grain, dry and liquid yeast, beginners and experienced brewers.

b3
http://www.morebeer.com

la cachette du bootlegger
http://www.lacachettedubootlegger.qc.ca/

No reflection on other stores - just a couple I can personally recommend - good products and good service.

cheers
reg

I have only ever been to 4 brew shops in Adelaide, 2 of which I won't recommend for numerous reasons.

The others I can highly recommend.

North East Home Brew
Run by Vince
Located on Payneham Rd, Felixstow.

Jovial Monk
Run by Tom
Located on Duthy Rd, Unley

After my first visit today seeing Tom I came out with some very good information which I will be sure to put to good use and hopefully on my way to make a better beer.

Both of the above guys are very helpful and will listen so if your around either shop call in and say g'day.

West Brew in Osborne Park.

Brilliant store, brilliant staff.

Look them up in the white pages or goto www.brewcraft.com.au , click on online shopping, WA, and their address/phone is listed there.

I've been going there for a while now and theyre really helpful, dont mind you calling up anytime with questions etc either.

While I think of it Vince from North East Home Brew is part of the the Brew Craft guys.

There are a heap of stores all over the place from memory.

kook said:
West Brew in Osborne Park.

Brilliant store, brilliant staff.

Look them up in the white pages or goto www.brewcraft.com.au , click on online shopping, WA, and their address/phone is listed there.

I've been going there for a while now and theyre really helpful, dont mind you calling up anytime with questions etc either.
Just like to give another couple recommendations.

Grumpys - www.grumpys.com.au
SA based, brilliant phone/internet service. I ordered some gear+yeast from them and he called me to confirm the order, great prices too. Very pleased with the service sofar. If i'm ever in SA i'll have to go there and try a couple brews :)

Malthouse - www.malthouse.com.au
WA store that stocks ESB brews if anyone in WA has been looking for them. Service has seemed good there, and theyve got a deal where if you spend over $200? in a year you get a voucher for $10? 20? cant remember.

Also, WA people looking for liquid yeast, TWOC brewing (Bibra Lake i think?) stock the Wyeast range. Malthouse have got a couple of vials of Whitelabs left too.

I'll second Bl@de on the Jovial Monk in Adelaide.
I went there for the first time the other day, and based on that visit, it'll now be my regular store.

Cellar Plus/Australian Winemakers
106 - 110 Peel St
North Melbourne

right near the Vic market.

very helpfull, good range and great for winemaking, as well as beer

For anyone in Brisbane, I can highly recommend Western Suburbs Homebrew on Moggill Rd, Chapel Hill. Mal West is very helpful and holds no prejudices in regards to brewing style and methods. He doesn't push products onto you but offers no-bull advice on all his stock. He can get almost any product in for you at relatively short notice, will crush your grains for you and prepare a custom grain mix for you if you call before you go to the shop. But best of all, he is always quick to give you a glass of his latest creation from his kegs in the fridge in the back of the shop!

I was at ESB in Randwick (Sydney) yesterday (Saturday) for an all-grain demo.
Leon does all-grain demos once a month (usually the first Saturday of the month).
If you are thinking of going all-grain, I highly recommend attending one of these.

Cheers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back