Recommend Me A Micro Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymorton

Reaction score
hi all,
i'm wanting to lay down a brew. i've done the at home brewing thing a long time ago but don't have as much room these days so thought i'd like to try one of those place where i can do it all at their place.
location is Brisbane and prefer north side.
so any advice and recommendations much appreciated.
thanks

Haven't tried any of the ones on the north side like the one in Zillmere, so can't comment on them.

If you're willing to drive a little there is a very good one in Capalaba on the south side called Bacchus Brewing, can highly recommend them and doubt that anyone will beat their quality, as they're the only all grain BOP.

You might have tasted some of their beers in one of the various craft beer joints in Brisbane.

I'd suggest taking the drive to visit Ross @ Bacchus Brewing would be well worth your effort, a bit of a drive but likely a far superior beer than other places that are essentially the same as opening a tin-of-goo at home.

+ 1 Ross @ Bacchus. Done many a bru4u but when it came to the next step getting a keg system. The chick who works there said have a shop around ours are a bit pricy. That I did and discovered AHB and the rest is history. Ross also does the fresh wort kits excellent value, not much mess and a superior beer.
Good luck

I'd suggest taking the drive to visit Ross @ Bacchus Brewing would be well worth your effort

I'd suggest convincing someone else to drive and make sure you've got $30 cash in your wallet. When you get there you'll understand what I mean.

Cheers,

Ed

+1 for Bacchus at Capalaba. You might as well start with the best. Or you could just waste your hard earned on inferior product. Take the drive. It will be worth the extra time it takes you.

Cheers,
Mark

a brew-on-premise is not a microbrewery. I feel the need to point that out.

given you mention room issues. you could actually just buy fresh wort kits and ferment. no brewing required. just a fermentor and bottles (or kegs). minimal room required.

if you have your heart set on a BoP, then you cant go past Ross and Bacchus Brewing

hey thanks everybody for the replies. has anyone heard of Rod at Bacchus? i've heard they're good :p
but seriously, with this sort of good feedback i think i'm gonna make the drive.
and sorry about the technical misnaming. it's BoP from now on.
cheers

I'd suggest convincing someone else to drive
This is probably a good idea, after all you have to have a sample ... or two ... or three, before you decide what you'd like to make. How many beers do they have on tap there?

Bacchus is not even in the same league as any other BoP.

I really need to convince the missus to drive me out there so I can drink more... Damn you Ross...

This is probably a good idea, after all you have to have a sample ... or two ... or three, before you decide what you'd like to make. How many beers do they have on tap there?

26ish pretty sure. haha

Noticed Ross had more taps again down that freezer wall.

I live northside, and I only go southside for my stuff - it'd be the same if I was doing BoP.

Ross/Bacchus FTW (and don't forget he is a microbrewery, as he supplies beer for a number of craft pubs such as scratch, archive (occasionally), bittersuite and the laneway bar down burnett street (forgot its name).

Goomba

Noticed Ross had more taps again down that freezer wall.

I live northside, and I only go southside for my stuff - it'd be the same if I was doing BoP.

Ross/Bacchus FTW (and don't forget he is a microbrewery, as he supplies beer for a number of craft pubs such as scratch, archive (occasionally), bittersuite and the laneway bar down burnett street (forgot its name).

Goomba

Super Wotnot ;) and Underbelly, and the Hideaway, and the End, and some other place as well I think :unsure: .
Must be getting really busy on the brewery floor these days.

Edit: missed one (probably more :rolleyes: )

27 beer taps but usually over 30 available on tap to try.

Cheers Ross

Back