Recirculating wort through CFC effect beer taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watHop

Reaction score
Hi All

I just built a new CFC and have had good results but could be better still trying to work out flow speed for best results on one pass.

My question is does anyone recirculate back to kettle to get to temp then dump in fermenter. Will this effect the wort in any way or just use a bit more energy transfer.

I did try this on my last brew to get from boiling to 75c to throw some hops in and it got there in no time. So I was like could I do this down to my fermentation temp then have it spot on into fermenter and not 10c hotter then I want because I ran it to fast.

Thanks.

I don’t re circulate to pitching temp in the kettle but what I often do when using tap water and temp is a bit high is re circulate wort back in to the kettle while balancing the water and wort flow till I’m happy with the wort temp returning to the kettle. Then turn off the pump to stop flow move wort outlet tube to the fermenter and re start the pump.

Yes thanks that sounds like the go. Easy to do. Are u using a temp prob on the outlet of your CFC. I was going to install one but have not got the parts yet. Still interested to know if anyone recirculates the wort all back into the kettle to get to temp.

Latest posts

Back