RecipeDB - Vienna

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used 2206 with this and could not be happier with the result. Thanks for the recipe

edit: It does have a touch too much carafa taste but as Nev said that might age out, its only a week old but damn good

I used 2206 with this and could not be happier with the result. Thanks for the recipe

edit: It does have a touch too much carafa taste but as Nev said that might age out, its only a week old but damn good
It's testing my memory Moad but I most likely had that much Carafa to get the colour right. These days I would probably add it at the end of mashing so that would not affect the flavour as much. Maybe you can taste it more easily than I can? I did read some time ago that a small amount of roast grain does help with clarity? Not sure where I read that, I've read so much over the last 28 years that sometimes I forget why I do stuff!

Definitely need to add it late as I think I’m picking up a hint of astringency too. I’m being very very picky...this is one of the best beers I’ve brewed in 7 years (not quite 28!)

Thanks again

Edit: I was going to filter this one but it settled out nicely. Gave it somegelatine to speed things up and it’s crystal clear. I've just tried it again after some more time and that astringency/roast is all but gone. incredible beer

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back