Quantcast

RecipeDB v2 Beta Live

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Here we go.

I've uploaded a BETA version of the RecipeDB v2.0

I must stress, things are pretty broken and I've disabled a lot of the features, but the main thing is that I've got something live to keep the feedback coming and that members can get back to browsing and finding recipes to brew.

At the moment, it's just read only, you can't add or edit recipes.

I'll be getting things stable, double checking the data migration and will then start to turn on some of the newly developed features.

One of the big (and potentially controversial) changes is that the comments/discussions are now rolled into the RecipeDB itself rather than being stored in a forum. I tossed up making this change a number of times, but it means the app is more self contained and it offered some some benefits from the developmental point of view. I'll keep the RecipeDB forum around for the moment, but I expect that to be removed down the track. As of this post, all comments have been moved to each recipes and reply permissions on the RecipeDB forum has been disabled.

I realise this affect the visibility, or lack thereof, of new and updated recipes but I have some plans to help with this.

I'd ask people to please let me know the problems you're seeing and I'll try and get them fixed.

One things I'd like specific feedback on is any differences in calculations and stats when compared to the same recipe in a different system (BeerSmith, ProMash, etc). A lot of the backend has been re-written, and while most of the functionality currently remain the same, there might be some quicks with the calcs, so I'd like to make sure they're correct.

Hope you all enjoy the recipes again and I'm looking forward to rolling out some more updates soon.

Cheers.

dane

Reaction score
Current priorities and known issues
  • Pagination does work on production server Fixed (with some quirks)
  • Filterting / Sorted by certain types is broken
  • Recipe list in Profile doesn't paginate and link is broken
  • Hops are arranged by size not time
  • Commenting disabled

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
take a while to dig out old recipes but will do dane. good work, im sure a lot of the new bitching natives may simmer down now

np1962

It's all about the Beer
Reaction score
Just had a look at my Black IPA recipe and assume it's the same generally.
The Hop additions are arranged by size but not by time, making it a little confusing.

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
ok so when I open the DB it defaults to 'Most Hits' if I try to navigate to the next page it just reloads the same page, same if I try to go to the last. Infact what ever page I'm on if I click the 'next' button I end up at the default. That is unless I've selected a style then I end up at the first page of that style.

Windows 7 IE 8 I believe, any way all updates done.
hey it's progress and I can get to a few of my favourites anyway!

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
ok I think god hates me!!! firefox same thing!! might need to clear out cookies and try again

Edit:that fixed it :kooi:

dane

Reaction score
MastersBrewery said:
ok so when I open the DB it defaults to 'Most Hits' if I try to navigate to the next page it just reloads the same page, same if I try to go to the last. Infact what ever page I'm on if I click the 'next' button I end up at the default. That is unless I've selected a style then I end up at the first page of that style.

Windows 7 IE 8 I believe, any way all updates done.
hey it's progress and I can get to a few of my favourites anyway!
If you have a look at the second post, it's listed as a known problem. I have just uploaded a fix which should allow some better browsing but there are still some issues when changing sort types.

treefiddy

Reaction score
Aww yeah.

Looks good Dane.

Although by moving the discussion into the recipe DB, the ability to search has gone.

Also a useful future feature (and by no means important) might be to have the top rated comments up the top (similar to YouTube).
Say, in the DSGA or LFPA thread there are a few variants floating around with .bsm files or whatever that make improvements of the original.
To have these more visible would be a good feature, I think.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
woo hoo...... i can rate my own recipes :)

dane

Reaction score
Something else to note...

If you can't see a recipe that used to be there - some incomplete recipes have been marked as 'hidden'. They're still in the DB but they're just not visible.

You should also be able to access all your Recipes from your Profile (bottom tab)

benno1973

Beer Idiot
Reaction score
Hey Dane, looks great for a first cut!

Just letting you know, if I click on one of my recipes from my profile, I just get taken to the forum main page.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
I can only access a portion of my recipes via my profile - I assume it's still a pagination issue and they haven't been lost?

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
I keep on getting this. Not bitching. Just sayin.

There appears to be an error with the database.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Good that you have rolled the comments into the recipe. Hopefully the new DB will be easier to use, with the old one if you strayed but a little to the left or to the right, the thing would boot you out and post an incomplete recipe. Then when you got back in again and completed your recipe, it would have posted two recipes. Then you can bet that two recipe comments threads would appear until a mod would kill one of them . Total mess.

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
My VB clone is going right in that pool room.

Nibbo

Reaction score
Dave70 said:
I keep on getting this. Not bitching. Just sayin.

There appears to be an error with the database.
Same thing here.
I could access it earlier in the morning.

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
Gryphon Brewing said:
Should keep the lazy brewers happy for a whine while. :p
Nev
Imitation is the most sincere form of laziness flattery.

Latest posts