RecipeDB - Torpedo IPA Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loneranger69 said:
I also decided to sub the Citra for Amarillo since I already have some of that and I hear that they are quite interchangeable (will just add more since Citra is apparently stronger).
Citra and Amarillo are nothing alike in terms of what they bring to the table.. though that said they are amazing together :icon_drool2:

Yob said:
would have been nice if they had added the %AA to the hops so it could be adjusted..

ed: Doesn't SN also only use cone hops? wouldn't a 'true' clone recipe need to be adjusted for that also?

Love that beer though and the mash temp surprises me a little.

Just punched it into brewmate as is and came out with 1.081 with 75.7 IBU so some tweaking needed to get the target numbers to match
This is the hop list i have used in the past, with %AA, and its pretty spot on:

2.0 oz Magnum (14.4%) - added during boil, boiled 60 min [44.9 IBU]
2.4 oz Magnum (14.4%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [10.8 IBU]
2.4 oz Crystal (3.3%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [2.4 IBU]

1.6 oz Magnum (14.4%) - 3 day dry hop
1.6 oz Crystal (3.3%) - 3 day dry hop
1.6 oz Citra Hops (11.1%) - 3 day dry hop

Very similar, although in imperial. But that gives the %AA for tweaking. I should also note those figures are for a double batch (45L)

ledgenko said:
This beer is definately not for the faint or weak of heart ... a knee buckler after a 6 pack or so ... what I love about it is the lack of alc burn and the creeping up hops across and oer your palate ... I am assuming that this is the dry hopping coming into play .. I am a huge fan of this particular beer ... was diappointed with the tumbler ... I think it needed a lot more body to it.. there was more alc burn in that than in the Torpedo IMO... I will give this recipe a go ... and will let you know ... I love the use of citra .. and thought there was more in it than just in the dry hop ....

Cheers
Howd you go with this? I'm looking to brew it in the near future

An old thread I know but any updates on this recipe?

Wobbly

Latest posts

Back