RecipeDB - Strawberry Pilsner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonharley

Reaction score

Five Eyes Strawberry Pilsner

Pilsner - American Pilsner
Extract
* * * * * 1 Votes

Brewer's Notes

Due to lack of categories....Coopers LME is any reputable Saaz Czech Pilsner kit and Red Raspberries is really Strawberrys. Mix the saaz pilsener extract kit and the maldextrose in 2 litres of boiling water. Add 20 litres of water (room temperature). Stew 1kg of strawberries in 500ml of water on low-medium heat for 25 minutes (just below boiling). For a coarse textured strawberry taste add the infused water and strawberry mash into the primary fermenter. For a more delicate strawberry flavour, strain off the liquid and add to the primary fermenter. Add Yeast and ferment for 5 days at ambient temperature (between 20-22 deg C). If bottling, use two carbonation drops. If kegging then rack secondary at 1013 and condition in a cube unfiltered, then strain out strawberry mash before transferring to keg for final filtering and gassing. The ladies love this ... hopefully they will love you too !!

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
1.7 kg Coopers LME - Light
0.75 kg Dextrose

Yeast

12 ml Coopers - Cooper Ale

Misc

1000 g Red Raspberries
23L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.036 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.009 (calc)
  • Bitterness 0 IBU
  • Efficiency 75%
  • Alcohol 3.5%
  • Colour 5 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 5 days
  • Secondary 3 days
  • Conditioning 4 days

no hops? or am i replying too fast? and........ ferment for a min. 5 days??? Was this brewed at ambient?

ok! edited (yet) again..... 2 carb drops??? I presume you bottled in tallies....

no hops? or am i replying too fast? and........ ferment for a min. 5 days??? Was this brewed at ambient?

EDIT: OK! too fast sorry :D

Your the fastest gun in the west !!!! I am still uploading this....... the Saaz Pilsner kit has hops in it but the recipe BD didn't allow for this info to be inputed. was brewed at ambient... i'll update this

ok then.... i'll just crawl back into my little hole..... :ph34r: :D

I like the strawberry idea!

Back