RecipeDB - Sticks and Stones

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This recipe calls for 0.2kg of raw wheat. I am planning to BIAB this, is there a suitable replacement if I can't get raw wheat. Some suggestions I have seen around are Torrified wheat, wheatbix... Thanks
Raw wheat can be purchased from most supermarkets, so it should be widely available.

Flaked or torrified wheat is easiest as raw wheat should be serial mashed first.
Not so with wheat, the gelatinisation temp of wheat is within the normal mash temps. The enzymes from the rest of the grain bill will be more than sufficient for such a small raw wheat edition. The reason for the raw wheat is to add some cloudiness and a bit of a tartness to the beer.

Good luck with the beer jberries, it's a cracker around Christmas time!

Ok.... one other thing, Any know if crash chilling will effect the hops addition times e.g. 10 mins and 5 mins

Just made this (BIAB), what a cracker. Added 30g of Galaxy in to the fermenter at about day 4. Wonderful aroma. this beer is superb. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

This now my house brew, just love it. Problem is I reckon my kegs leak! Doesn't seem to last too long.

Shifter said:
This now my house brew, just love it. Problem is I reckon my kegs leak! Doesn't seem to last too long.
I think you should get rid of them, I'll happily take them off your hands for disposal. :D

Hi,

This recipe sounds great! is it possible for someone to please post this up (all-grain)? as the RecipeDB is down.

Thanks!

I made this recipe with 42L VIF, I changed it slightly though by only cube hopping (no-chill), just so I could have one keg with galaxy hops and the other with simcoe, should be good. I'll also keg hop or hop tea both kegs, maybe a hop tea for something different? Will see.

Here's a cube vomiting krausen into my brew fridge ;) I've since cleaned it with starsan. My brew fridge smells amazing, thanks Daemon, I'll post the results, albeit with a slight hops change by no-chilling and cube hopping! I can keg next Thursday if I don't crash chill for clarity, decisions decisions.. I would use gelatine but SWMBO doesn't eat beef or pork, so maybe I'll find something else?

thanks Daemon!

image.jpg

Nicko_Cairns said:
I made this recipe with 42L VIF, I changed it slightly though by only cube hopping (no-chill), just so I could have one keg with galaxy hops and the other with simcoe, should be good. I'll also keg hop or hop tea both kegs, maybe a hop tea for something different? Will see.
Here's a cube vomiting krausen into my brew fridge ;) I've since cleaned it with starsan. My brew fridge smells amazing, thanks Daemon, I'll post the results, albeit with a slight hops change by no-chilling and cube hopping! I can keg next Thursday if I don't crash chill for clarity, decisions decisions.. I would use gelatine but SWMBO doesn't eat beef or pork, so maybe I'll find something else?
thanks Daemon!
I kegged the simcoe version, I'll bottle the galaxy this weekend. The simcoe (same recipe just with simcoe) version is fantastic and I can't wait to try the galaxy version, such an easy to brew and drink, refreshing, tasty beer.. I think this beer will have a constant keg going at my place.

The only thing I'll try next time is the normal additions as I added all mine into the cube, which turned out great, keen to compare the two.

Thanks Daemon.

Three bottles of the simcoe version made it into the fridge (the rest that version was kegged) SWMBO and I are onto the third and last bottle this evening, and it's absolute divine. The galaxy version ended up all being bottled, will start drinking them this week and it will be part of a club case swap. I noticed on the S&W website that the bottle should be gently rolled: http://stoneandwood.com.au/beers/pacific-ale/

Anyway, thanks again Daemon, I've probably spammed this thread enough, really rate this fruity delicious ale though.

Nicko_Cairns said:
Three bottles of the simcoe version made it into the fridge (the rest that version was kegged) SWMBO and I are onto the third and last bottle this evening, and it's absolute divine. The galaxy version ended up all being bottled, will start drinking them this week and it will be part of a club case swap. I noticed on the S&W website that the bottle should be gently rolled: http://stoneandwood.com.au/beers/pacific-ale/
Anyway, thanks again Daemon, I've probably spammed this thread enough, really rate this fruity delicious ale though.
I'm finally onto the galaxy version and I won't bother with my simcoe version again, stick to Daemon's recipe folks, it's a great drop!

A newbie question!!!!
I read through the posts sound like a great drink.
Where can I read the recipe????

Go to the recipes tab near the headings at the top of the screen and you will get into the recipe database..

Hi all
I brewed this on Monday and cubed it (first no chill), The only reason I did this was because I didn't have any galaxy. I used some Nelson for in the boil to achieve the required IBU's. I now have a couple of packs of Galaxy to complete the recipe so should I dry hop this or steep the hops in hot water? I was going to use some wort and make a hop tea put I have already pitched as I was too impatient.
I have 18 liters fermenting away as of last night. Normally I have just followed tried and true recipes so this is a little out of the box for me.
Thanks

Hey guys, a quick question about the Recipe DB...are we meant to be able to download Beersmith files or similar from the page?

Been in the fermenter for 4 days and I hope i haven't killed it. Of course Sydney finally came out of it's cold snap ....... bugger ..... so frozen waterbottles it was! Reckon average ferm temp was around 21C. How i won't have infected it i can't imagine. (and yes think i sterilised the bottles well enough but who knows!)

Did my version with Golden Promise and Centennial, curious to see how it comes out!

Has been the catalyst to go and buy a fermentation fridge. Pick it up on Saturday ....... now to rearrange the basement again!

Latest posts

Back