RecipeDB - Simple Saaz Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingy said:
Ive used us05 at 15degrees. Been in ferm fridge for 9 days and its tasting really clean and sessionsble. Cannot wait to get this beer on tap.
this beer is a ripper. Nice and clean, a little grainy to start with,but a good session beer. Had a good arvo on it yesterday actually. Nice to have something mellow for a change to. Also Got 32 longnecks bottled. Looking forward to them in a few months. Thumbs up for me!!

Good to hear you like it, Kingy! Just to update this, I brewed this recipe with Wyeast Belgian Ardennes a long while ago now, and it was great.

Seeing that the recipe DB is out of action, here is the original recipe-

Case swap 2011 Blonde
Simple Saaz Blonde Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 23.0
Total Grain (kg): 4.720
Total Hops (g): 55.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.046 (°P): 11.4
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012 (°P): 3.1
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.52 %
Colour (SRM): 4.4 (EBC): 8.7
Bitterness (IBU): 22.8 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 72
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill
----------------
4.000 kg Pilsner (84.75%)
0.500 kg Wheat Malt (10.59%)
0.120 kg Caramalt (2.54%)
0.100 kg Biscuit (2.12%)

Hop Bill
----------------
44.0 g Saaz Pellet (3.6% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.9 g/L)
11.0 g Saaz Pellet (3.6% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.5 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 15°C with Danstar Nottingham

This is my go after 3 weeks in the bottle. It's unreal. Dangerously easy to drink. Will definitely brew this one again!!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430548565.607546.jpg

Kingy said:
I brewed a double batch kegged half bottled the rest. i force carbed the keg and was drinking the next day. Added a bit of gelatine to clear it up a bit but the keg was gone 2 days later gelatine and all lol. wish i kegged both now.
Hahah yeah, I'm not sure my 22L will last long. One to hide from my thirsty mates!!

Kingy said:
this beer is a ripper. Nice and clean, a little grainy to start with,but a good session beer. Had a good arvo on it yesterday actually. Nice to have something mellow for a change to. Also Got 32 longnecks bottled. Looking forward to them in a few months. Thumbs up for me!!
these longnecks have made there way to the fridge and they are bloody nice. Definately up there as the most sessionable beer I've brewed. Don't last long in the glass. Cheers to the OP to.

Back