RecipeDB - Little Creatures Bright Ale Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this recipe so much I am Christening my new double batch system with it this weekend :beerbang:

we could make this weekend national LCBA brewing weekend :)

Just found some bsaaz and some cascade in the freezer... Both flowers... It's summer and I've got no sessionables on tap.... Hmmm want to do? Brew day coming up!!

Or should it be

'TBA' National brew day...

Credit should go to the man!

Naaaaaaaa.... as i have said before, Little Creatures brewery came up with a great beer, i just cloned it!

LCBA it is!

hot damn it smells good in my garage. Im sooooo looking forward to getting this bad boy on tap!

hot damn it smells good in my garage. Im sooooo looking forward to getting this bad boy on tap!

If only Australia Post worked weekends!

Have my Motueka on order from Rossco, and all the other bits and pieces including the 1056 yeast..

Only diff is I'm going to use JW Trad as the basemalt.

First double batch when it all gets here..

LCBA is hands down my favourite beer.

Can't bloody wait!

If your using JW Ale, id halve the vienna addition as JW ale is quite a malty grain compared to pils.

mine is in the fridge on yeast and was one of the clearest trub free worts to the firmenter i have had in a while. The mix of flowers and pellets really makes a great filter bed and removes all the break too.

Every drop in the fermenter makes tony a happy boy!

If your using JW Ale, id halve the vienna addition as JW ale is quite a malty grain compared to pils.

mine is in the fridge on yeast and was one of the clearest trub free worts to the firmenter i have had in a while. The mix of flowers and pellets really makes a great filter bed and removes all the break too.

Every drop in the fermenter makes tony a happy boy!

Cheers for that Tony..

So it's:

8kg JW Trad
1kg Vienna

Sensational...

and 700g of wheat malt
and 700g or carapils

:)

and 700g of wheat malt
and 700g or carapils

:)

Sorry mate, one more for you.

Doing it in two lots of 26lt..

Is it close enough bitterness-wise to just split the hops down the middle for each of the two boils? Or should I just scale the recipe in Beersmith to be safe?

Finally!

Just put this one down... All 48 delicious litres of it!! Cannot wait

Tapped the keg of my second attempt at this recipe this week.

This time I replaced the carapils with carahell, and believe it results in a closer beer to the real one.

Very happy with this beer.

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

I have 50 liters of the origional recipe sitting cold, waiting to be filtered and kegged.

Its been a few years since i had an origional..... may have to do a side by side.... what a great idea :)

Tapped the keg of my second attempt at this recipe this week.

This time I replaced the carapils with carahell, and believe it results in a closer beer to the real one.

Very happy with this beer.

In hindsight I should have wiped the condensation from the glasses for the photos.
The clarity was equal between the two IMO, but the clone wasn't filtered - just used gelatine and polyclar during crash chill.

Well, I can jump onboard now, I have been itching to get into some BSaaz due to this thread, finally I got some and I have put this brew down. WOW!!!! It smells AMAZING just after 24 hours in the ferm. One change is that I am using a lager yeast, S189 Swiss Lager and brewing it at 10.8degC.

I cant wait to take a hydro sample...I am having to hold myself back..... :)

Will report back later....thanks Tony...!!!

I have 50 liters of the origional recipe sitting cold, waiting to be filtered and kegged.

Its been a few years since i had an origional..... may have to do a side by side.... what a great idea :)

Have nearly finished drinking my first batch of this and it is probably the best beer I've made so far. Thanks Tony!
It will probably also be the first beer that I brew twice, although I may try the amarillo version this time as I've got lots of amarillo.
Tony, which do you think is better, this one with Amarillo subbed for the Cascade or your B Saaz/Amarillo Pale Ale recipe?

Holy shit Tony...

After two weeks in the bottle, this recipe is dead set spot on... Perfect...

Well done mate... Well done...

I'll fire you over a few bottles of my Motueka/Amarillo Lager when it's good to go as my thanks...

Cheers again.

Hound.

Back