RecipeDB - Easy Down GP

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score

Easy Down GP

Pilsner - German Pilsner
All Grain
* * * * - 2 Votes

Brewer's Notes

This is a super easy drinking pilsner that I like to keep on tap all though summer. The hops can be substituted to saaz or tettang (or others) to suit your tastes, I have tried both mentioned and they come up great. I only add the vienna malt because I use powells, if I was using JW or something else I would make it 95% pils and 5% carapils.. EASY. I am using JW carapils but it was not in the list.

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
4 kg Powells Pilsner (Powells Malts)
0.8 kg Powells Vienna (Powells Malts)
0.25 kg Weyermann Carapils(Carafoam)

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
40 g Hallertauer (Pellet, 4.8AA%, 60mins)
15 g Hallertauer (Pellet, 4.8AA%, 20mins)

Yeast

100 ml Wyeast Labs 2042 - Danish Lager
20L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.051 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.013 (calc)
  • Bitterness 29.9 IBU
  • Efficiency 65%
  • Alcohol 4.94%
  • Colour 5 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 7 days
  • Secondary 14 days
  • Conditioning 2 days

This was my first lager. Was worried I'd made a mess of it early on when it started to reek like a fart. Soon realised that's all part of lager brewing.

Went with the 95% JW trad, 5% cara & Hallertau hops. Came out far above my expectations. So easy to drink! Perfect summer beer. :party:

I had my mega swill mates over for a BBQ and filled them with this. They haven't stopped talking about it since. Most say it's the best beer they've drank. They can only compare to mega piss, but it's good feedback all the same.

Well done SluggerDog. This will be a regular at my place.

Cheers
Polar

Back