RecipeDB - BH G-Banger (Saison)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score

BH G-Banger (Saison)

Ale - Belgian Pale Ale
All Grain
- - - - -

Brewer's Notes

I made this Saison and split it into 2 x 17L cubes. 0 min hops are cube hopped.
Fermented one batch with 3711 French Saison..... ended up a bit one dimentional with just lemon....1.003
Fermented the other with 3726 Farmhouse Ale and it was a bit overly fruity and also one dimentional..... 1.004
So i mixed both batches strait from primary into a keg, carbed and it was one of the best lazy brewing discoveries i have made!!!!!
I WILL do this again. This gave a complexity similar to 3724 Belgian saison but better, it only took a week to ferment and bombed out so clear without chilling it looks filtered!
WIN WIN WIN :)

Malt & Fermentables

% KG Fermentable
3 kg Weyermann Vienna
2 kg Weyermann Pilsner
1 kg Weyermann Pale Wheat

Hops

Time Grams Variety Form AA
30 g Saaz B (NZ) (pellet, 8.0AA%, 40mins)
30 g Saaz B (NZ) (pellet, 8.0AA%, 15mins)
30 g Saaz B (NZ) (pellet, 8.0AA%, 0mins)
34L Batch Size

Brew Details

• Original Gravity 1.045 (calc)
  • Final Gravity 1.014 (calc)
  • Bitterness 25.7 IBU
  • Efficiency 80%
  • Alcohol 4.01%
  • Colour 8 EBC

Fermentation

• Primary 10 days
  • Secondary 7 days
  • Conditioning 2 days

teaser :)

2yeastSaison1152x1728.jpg

Jesus Tony your making me thursty!! Im out at sea on a dry ship :( . Just so happens I have all those ingredients so she's going into my BH folder!

That pic is unfiltered too.... dumped from primary into the keg, chilled keg for a week or 2 and then carbed.... the yeasts bomb like Barry C :p

Edit:

A lot of people see Vienna and Munich malts as a specialty malt, but they are a base malt and do not make a beer over the top. This was 50% vienna and as you can see, its quite pale. Just adds a nice malt character that accentuates the fruitiness if you ask me.

cheers

That pic is unfiltered too.... dumped from primary into the keg, chilled keg for a week or 2 and then carbed.... the yeasts bomb like Barry C :p

Edit:

A lot of people see Vienna and Munich malts as a specialty malt, but they are a base malt and do not make a beer over the top. This was 50% vienna and as you can see, its quite pale. Just adds a nice malt character that accentuates the fruitiness if you ask me.

cheers
Yeah I agree. I'll be ding a Munich dunkel with 97% munich 1 and some caraffa so i'll get to know Munich much better.

Back