Recipe thoughts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkhlt1210

Reaction score
G'day guys got my grains ready for tomorrow night BIAB brew. Was going to do a hop hog clone but now it's going to be a bit of everything I have left. As I'm a mad South Sydney Rabbitohs fanatic I'm calling it....

JT Rabbitoh Bunny Hoppa

Grain bill

4.6kg Marris Otter
570g Munich
250g Munich II
250g Crystal 120

Mash for 1 hour @ 67c

Now the hops are what I've got left in the freezer and I want to use them all up.... Hops and amounts are as follows...

36g Citra
36g Amarillo
35g Simcoe
68g Centennial
100g Cascade

My thoughts are half of each at maybe 10 minutes then other half dry hop but any advice much appreciated.

Bry 97 is my yeast

So please advice on hop schedule would be great otherwise I'll just go with my plan

Have you punched it into some brewing software (or the BIAB spreadsheet that's on here somewhere). That will give you an indication of OG and IBUs. I think you'll end up with an IPA, but not necessarily a Hop Hog clone (which is fine).

Edit:

I'd be inclined to bitter with some simcoe at 60 mins and then do 10min & flame-out additions with some of the other hops and dry hop with Amarillo and citra.

Prince Imperial said:
Have you punched it into some brewing software (or the BIAB spreadsheet that's on here somewhere). That will give you an indication of OG and IBUs. I think you'll end up with an IPA, but not necessarily a Hop Hog clone (which is fine).

Edit:

I'd be inclined to bitter with some simcoe at 60 mins and then do 10min & flame-out additions with some of the other hops and dry hop with Amarillo and citra.
Sounds good but I forgot to mention I've got 10g of Warrior for bittering. Was just trying to sort out beersmith 2 on my iphone to crunch numbers

It's worthwhile IMO, that way you know at least how bitter your beer will be & you can tailor the late additions accordingly.

I've given up on beer smith I've tried using it many times over the years. But brewmate is much simpler to use especially with the no chill function. I've never tried a hop hog yet either, with all the interest on it lately I might hunt one down and give it a whirl

Bitter it to 100BU. It will match the bitter taste in your mouth after the game on Friday night.

I would go with citra,centennial, simcoe late in the boil. OG-1.065 and 60 to 70 IBU. You can use your warrior to bump up the bitterness.
If you had more Citra Centennial and simcoe I would dry hop for 7 days with those as well.

goomboogo said:
Bitter it to 100BU. It will match the bitter taste in your mouth after the game on Friday night.
Haha don't think so! My boys going to crush the chooks

Kingy said:
I've given up on beer smith I've tried using it many times over the years. But brewmate is much simpler to use especially with the no chill function. I've never tried a hop hog yet either, with all the interest on it lately I might hunt one down and give it a whirl
Can you use brewmate on an iphone? I tried but not sure if I can

I would hop it like this if its an IPA.....

Simcoe @ 90m to 35ibu

Amarillo and Centennial @ 10m to 35ibu

dry hopped with all the Citra and 56g of Cascade for at least 7days.

Back