Recipe style stuck with these ingredients

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taeanbrewer

Reaction score
I recently made a pale, brown, and coffee stout and I have the following ingredients. I was planning a golden ale or kolsch though I used up my magnum and mt hood hops. Trying to think of something easy going and a session beer for my workmates who are not too familiar with craft beer. Maybe a red ale if anyone has a good recipe with the following ingredients.

German Pilsner 5kg
Munich 1kg
Carared 600g
Wheat 320g
Caramber 200g
Choc wheat 400g

Hops
Willamette 50g (opened)
chinook 300g
Mosaic 300g

Only s-05 yeast

Also have gypsum/yeast nutrient

5 Pilsner, 100-200g cara OR 4 pils, 1 munich (no cara).
Mosaic to 25- 30 ibu with just a skerrick late, no dry hop.

Mash at 65, bookend the mash with a 5 min rest at 55 and a 10 min at 72. Make sure it's clear before serving (finings, cc, polyclar, whatever). Serve at 4 - 5 degrees.

Its not a red ale recipe but a nice beer for the workmates.

3.5kg pils malt
320g wheat
200g carared

Mashed at 66 for an hour, add 8g gypsum to the mash and 5g to the sparge

60min boil adding yeast nutrient with 15mins to go.

Chinook at 60mins to 10ibu
Mosaic at 10, 5 and flameout - approx 14-21g each addition to get the rest of the ibu

Even a mosaic dry hop of 1.5g/L

May have to adjust the malt to get a 1.045 and aim for 30ibu.

Cheers for the ideas. I did a very similar recipe as the one you posted pratty except with 2-row at 4.5kg. It was fantastic and all due to the hop combo, and to bring down the abv and malt flavour switching it out with pils would probably go down extremely well with non craft beer drinkers while still getting a hit of hop aroma to tell them to put down the coronas and drink something you can actually taste haha

Latest posts

Back