Recipe Sites

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterS

Reaction score
I am just a new AG brewer who hvn't really found a style that I could say I will stick with this for awhile because I am curious what all the others are like. The problem is there are plenty of recipes out there mainly using US ingredients. I have no problem in converting to suit using Promash and or BeerSmith (perefer BeerSmith) but sometimes I find I can not get the ingrediants locally.

Could some helpful good samaritan direct me to some recommended sites that contains tried and true recipes brewed by Aussie Brewers using available local ingredients. Or am I just a wishful lazy brewer who is too impatient and wants to do it the easy way?

Keep on Brewing...
:chug: .

G'day Peter,

Which ingredients do you mean? You shouldn't have any dramas changing the quantities etc from Imperial to Metric, so I'm guessing you are referring to specific ingredients. Anything in particular?

Shawn.

Peter Shane
If you can give us some idea to what style of beer you like , perhaps a commercial brew you tried and would like to brew something similar.
Well one of us very helpful members would , I am sure , supply you with a recipe or 3 to get you off and running.
Once you have brewed a beer that you really enjoy you will find you will begin to tinker with the recipe to suit yourself , then before you know it you will be formulating your own brews , you just need a starting point.

Batz

I guess you guys are right. I am generalizing too much. My beleife is that there arn't any bad beers but some are better than others. I am just a bit frustrated trying to pick my next brew. I think at this stage I should stay with the Pale Ale range and see if I can adjust to suit my taste. I am not concerned with the grains that are mentioned in some of the recipes but I am a bit frustrated trying to get some of the hops. I need more experiance to learn what I could substitute and still sty within the style and taste and aroma.

Although I said I should stay with Pale Ales, I would like to try some of the european styles if I could find an appealing recipe that has ingredients that I could get locally.

Thanks Gough and Batz.

:beer:

keep cheching back on the recipe section of this board too, It may be out of action just now while Dane finishes all the upgrades, but it had recipes provided by fellow AHBers.

wee stu said:
keep cheching back on the recipe section of this board too, It may be out of action just now while Dane finishes all the upgrades, but it had recipes provided by fellow AHBers.
[post="48635"][/post]​

Thank you wee stu. That was my first port of call. I noted that it was empty but it occured to me that it would be great to see some recipes tried by the local clan

:chug:

Latest posts

Back