Recipe Section

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
Is the recipe section ever going to come back. (hint hint) Or has it ben lost in the black hole forever.

johnno

Don't be so bleak Johnno. Lost in a white cloud

I think it needed some more work to integrate with the upgraded board.
JasonY did the initial work when we were on the old version.
I think he was going to look into it, but hasn't got around to it yet.

JasonY ???

Beers,
Doc

Ok, I have been slack. Finanly got broadband back a couple of weeks ago so I have been distracted. I think I only have a couple of hours more work to get it running so I shall try to do it this weekend.

I have taken a big step back and re-written it to use the forums so each recipe will be a thread that allows discussion etc. Recipes will be created/edited using a form like it was before. I will get Dane to set it up in a testing area first as I want to be sure it doesn't have any bugs that interfere with the forum since it will be creating threads etc.

Anyway its coming, I shall get back too it. :party:

Top effort Jason.
Especially as you are putting your own time in.
I was just starting to use the recipe section on the previous look forum and it got taken down for the update.
I'm sure this can be a big resource for the AHB members.
:super:

johnno

Sounds awesome JasonY.
Definitely worth the wait.
Will the recipes that were in the DB before be able to come across as well ?

Top work,
Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Will the recipes that were in the DB before be able to come across as well ?

At this stage I would say no, the database structure has changed so they will need to be re-entered manually. If Dane saved the old DB I can look at this if there are some classic recipes that need to be copied across.

I am not wasting time at the moment creating an interface to add ingredients etc, these will require SQL access so we can put a list together of anything I am missing (I have quite a few ingredients exported from various places ;) so there shouldn't be too much missing.) and these can be added every so often. Hopefully the testing phase will get most missing stuff (and bugs!)

Some new features just to give you something to think about (they are not that flash but they were not in the other one):

* specify hop form (flower/plug/pellet)
* specify hop AA%
* specify mash efficiency for grains (100% for non-grains)

File upload is not in there but given that it creates a thread you can just reply to it and add any promash or beersmith files etc.

Yep, that's them.

JasonY, thanks for putting in the effort to get this finidhed. I'm sure it will be appreciated by all and sundry.
:beer:

- Snow

They sure are the old recipes n00ch, ah the memories, brought a tear to my eye just seeing them again.

Andrew

Hopefully they stay there then, or can be incorporated in the new recipes section. There seems to be a few good recipes on there.

Brainwave. Might be dumb so shoot me down. The flame suit is on.

Can a new category be incorporated to include Beer Snacks. There's been a few posts here over time that look tempting but are hard to find again ...and most people have one under there belt.

Just a thought, but might be a bit hard to set up ingredients

Borret

Jesus Borret,
Time to make gadgets, time to brew and time to look at the website, now you want to eat as well.

Cheers
Brad T

Borret said:
Brainwave. Might be dumb so shoot me down. The flame suit is on.

Can a new category be incorporated to include Beer Snacks. There's been a few posts here over time that look tempting but are hard to find again ...and most people have one under there belt.

Just a thought, but might be a bit hard to set up ingredients

Borret
[post="71521"][/post]​

I think your onto something there Borret, as food can compliment Beer :chug:

Food like Biltong and savoury snacks etc

Phil

edit: spelling

BRAD T said:
Jesus Borret,
Time to make gadgets, time to brew and time to look at the website, now you want to eat as well.

Cheers
Brad T
[post="71522"][/post]​

Sorry Brad,

I missed your reply earlier as I was at the pub for lunch. :p

Borret :blink:

The shephards pie, chips, vegies went down very well with my pint of Newcastle Brown Ale at my pub lunch today? hic!
Cheers
Steve

Yep my Coopers and Kebabs went down well :)

Back