Recipe Request - Black IPA or IIPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
Chasing a tried and tested Black IIPA recipe. I am still a bit scared of building one from scratch and can't find too much. If IIPA is pushing it then a black IPA will be awesome.

Happy to share the spoils if you are in Newcastle :beer:

Just have a Black IPA that is a cracker. Modeled on the Kooinda Black IPA.

blackipa3.jpg

It's in the recipe DB as Punkin's Cascadian Dark

Moad said:
Cheers mate I'll take a look. I didn't know about recipe db
Good luck finding it - it is yet to reappear after the site upgrade. Accoridng to Dane it isnt far off though. (finger crossed)

I've brewed Punkin's Cascadian a few times now and it's great beer, tastes fantastic super fresh! If you have brewing sofware just play around with your grain bill to get the Imperialness you desire!

very much like the look of this one, I know there is an adjustment for pellet vs leaf, can someone help me out?

Brewmate should be able to adjust pellet/leaf for you, I think.

Use 10% less pellets if the recipe calls for leaf.

I have the 62 Black IPA on tap at the moment. That ain't bad. But In my opinion of all the Black IPA's I've seen on AHB and brewed, by far the most outstanding one is Argons Blackbeards delight: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/58678-recipedb-blackbeards-delight/. No offense but it shits all over the others!

Once you go black you ain't ever going back. :)

Back