Recipe Ideas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyelusion

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought id double check my recipe with you all. This is stuff I have left over here and thought it might go well together.
Any feedback will be well appreciated.
  • Coopers APA
  • US-05
  • Coopers Brew Enhancer 2
  • Light Dry Malt Extract 250g
  • Dextrose 250g
  • Caramalt Grain 250g
  • POR 15g steeped
  • Tettnanger 15g steeped
  • POR 15g dry hopped
  • Tettnanger 15g dry hopped
  • 23 litres @ 18 degrees
Cheers all

leave out the POR and have at it

:icon_cheers:

I don't know if I'd go that far Yob. Boiling the 30gm POR for 30 minutes could be good.
In a sweet brew like that steeping will probably be ok as you don't really have a large amount of POR. POR can taste a bit foul if you use a lot as a late addition but it seems to mature nicely if you leave it for 6 months.

I don't know if I'd go that far Yob. Boiling the 30gm POR for 30 minutes could be good.
In a sweet brew like that steeping will probably be ok as you don't really have a large amount of POR. POR can taste a bit foul if you use a lot as a late addition but it seems to mature nicely if you leave it for 6 months.

leave out the POR and have at it

:icon_cheers:

I agree, the por goes really nice with the coopers apa kit, though i would just steap the 15g and leave out the dry hop 15g. the tettanger will go nicely also.

Hope this goes well and let me know how it all goes.

Cheers jake.

POR is what in the can to start with... It doesnt need more of it unless trying to up the bittering.

Personally id go with the others on the list, both a steep and dry hop, its a good kit to make additions to.

I was quite fond of the CPA kit with additions.

Latest posts

Back