Recipe Database

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
John,

That is what the old one was based on.

Dane, JasonY; is it just a case of integrating the authentication ?

Beers,
Doc

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
Shame i don't know PHP or i'd be up for writing one.

dane

Reaction score
Yeah the old one was based on that - but JasonY has to convert all measurements from imperial to metric. It also had a number of other issues with it.

JasonY was working on an update - not too sure how far he has moved along.

I actually tried contacting reelbeer.com to see if I could license their copy, but i never heard anything.

Unless i have a big night out and crack my head on the gutter and suddenly wake up as a PHP guru I think it may take some time to get up and running.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
dane said:
Unless i have a big night out and crack my head on the gutter and suddenly wake up as a PHP guru I think it may take some time to get up and running.
[post="51506"][/post]​
Now, I dont know much about computers and programming, and its not very often I can help out with a software issue. But this happens to be my forte. Name the night that you want to not remember what happened, but wake up with a concussion, and blood down your shirt, and I can organise that no worries!

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
Hey Dane, i'm always willing to learn a new programming language (seems i'm doing abit of coding lately after a 4 year hiatus) so i might be up for modifying the old database, or even builiding a new one.

Do you know what version of PHP this site runs on? Seems that php5 is quite different from php4. Also, what's needing to be done to improve the old one?

Jason, i'm willing to lend a hand if necessary, but as i said, i need to learn PHP to do it, so don't expect first rate code day 1. I can see myself writing it, then going back and starting again. :)

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
I did start rewriting it from scratch some time ago and incorperated the smarty template engine to make it easier (hopefully) for dane to integrate into the site look. To be honest I will have to figure out where the hell I put it! I think I sent dane a copy at some stage?

Will dig about.

dane

Reaction score
Yeah I met up with Doc for a drink yesterday and we were talking about getting this project going again. I'll have a look what the last version Jason sent me and see where we are at.

Maybe with a couple of heads working together on this we can get something decent together.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
I'm willing to lend a hand if needed, I program in php/MySQL all day, every day.

That is all I seem to do.

Boots

Reaction score
Any news on the recipe database?

I know there's a lot of recipes out on the web, but it's nice to know who it is your trusting your next beer to.