Rebuilding A Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
Hey folks.

I just purchased a second hand 4 tap cobra font, and i plan to give it a birthday before putting it to use.

I have removed the pushloc fittings from the tap to see what parts i need to fit new beer line.

All i need is the little white tapered nylon compression fitting. The ones on the old line have been squashed down and wont push over the new (8mm OD) beer line.

I have done some searching on the Andale website but cant find these replacement parts.

Can anyone help?

cheers

Pushloc_fitting__1728_x_1152_.jpg

Hey folks.

I just purchased a second hand 4 tap cobra font, and i plan to give it a birthday before putting it to use.

I have removed the pushloc fittings from the tap to see what parts i need to fit new beer line.

All i need is the little white tapered nylon compression fitting. The ones on the old line have been squashed down and wont push over the new (8mm OD) beer line.

I have done some searching on the Andale website but cant find these replacement parts.

Can anyone help?

cheers

tony, your best bet would be to ring andale and ask for the part, there are heaps of fittings they stock that are not listed on their website

i thought there was a little metal nipple that gets shoved into the line before screwing together ?

no metal insert....... i know the fitting you are talking about and this one is different..... its just a strait up compression fitting.

I am gong to have a shot at stretching the nylon fitting out with a bit of hot water..... i don't like my chances though.

cheers

Haha tight arse homebrewer alert :)

I found a screwdriver with an 8mm shaft, a soak in hot water and slip it over the screw driver.... let cool and it now fits on the new beer line :)

Woo hoo

I took the funky (syrup glue stuck shut) pushloc fitting and soaked them overnight in a PBW (ALL HAIL PBW) solution. This brought them up as good as new.

I then put the nylon bushes in a jug filled with boiling water, along with a phillps head screwdriver with an 8mm dia, and pre drilled a bit of wood with an 8.5mm hole

pushlocfix1.jpg

I sat a hot nylon bush over the hole in the wood and pushed the hot screwdriver through..... stretching the nylon bush back to 8mm.

pushlocfix2.jpg

I then cooled the bush under cold water and slid off the screwdriver.

pushlocfix3.jpg

It now fits on the tube ..... yay

pushlocfix4.jpg

and 4 clean, rebuilt pushloc fittings with new beer line..... zero cost.

pushlocfix6.jpg

cheers

and fitted up with the stout tap ready for service (soon)

4_tap_font__1152_x_1728_.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Dave..... that's not fair!

You have me thinking now :p

Back