Really small kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkril

Reaction score
This afternoon I've been bumming around doing odd-jobs in the brewery :drinkingbeer:, and I was struck by a brilliant idea. A small kegerator -- I'm talking a single party keg type of setup.

Inspired by the thought (and a few beers), I hastened to the Googles and tried to find a suitable fridge. But alas, my skills have failed me. The best I came up with was an Engel DIY conversion kit, and make my own cabinet. Everything else was either too small, or damn near the size of a normal kegerator.

Anybody out there got better searching skills than I do?

What about a wheelie bin with ice setup?
Not really what I was after -- can't just plug it in and leave it run. I have used a plaster bucket instead of a wheely bin, to keep things small.

I was imagining one of those tiny little motel fridges, put to a better use than storing 200ml of UHT for months at a time. Sadly, all the ones I can find are the wrong shape.

Last edited:
Not really what I was after -- can't just plug it in and leave it run. I have used a plaster bucket instead of a wheely bin, to keep things small.

I was imagining one of those tiny little motel fridges, put to a better use than storing 200ml of UHT for months at a time. Sadly, all the ones I can find are the wrong shape.

IDK, if you cannot find the fridge, you might not have a lot of options. I found this small fridge but not sure if its suitable.

IDK, if you cannot find the fridge, you might not have a lot of options. I found this small fridge but not sure if its suitable.
Not being a viable idea due to the lack of a suitable fridge was where my thoughts were heading too. Pity.

That fridge is an absorption type (think 3 way caravan fridge, but with only the ability to run on 240V). No compressor, so it would struggle to control temperatures when the ambient got over about 20.

0BBB1AF6-B0E8-42E4-A189-E98971F99592.jpeg
This is what I have in my Ute. 9.5 keg inside I took the original lid off the Engel and replaced it with plywood so I could drill through for the beer and gas lines.sealed around holes and lid with foam tape works awesome:

View attachment 115446 This is what I have in my Ute. 9.5 keg inside I took the original lid off the Engel and replaced it with plywood so I could drill through for the beer and gas lines.sealed around holes and lid with foam tape works awesome:
What size Engel? The height would be a pretty tight squeeze (at best) in all the Engels I've seen.

What size Engel? The height would be a pretty tight squeeze (at best) in all the Engels I've seen.
Mt45fp I think they call it it’s the 40l metal one, mines an older model but I think they’re still the same dimensions, i had to remove the basket, and it is a snug fit, but it does fit.

Latest posts

Back