Real Estate In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quincy

Reaction score
Absolutely not beer related - but here goes.......

I have the oppotunity via a pretty good job offer to relocate to Brisbane.
Probably the most important consideration will be real estate.
I currently live in the Sutherland Shire in Sydney and would like to live in the same kind of suburb/area on the North side of Brisbane.
Albany Creek seems to fit OK (looking at real estate on the internet) but I'm never sure just looking at pics.

Hence my dilemma (sp?).....

Any of you kind souls currently in Brisbane with the good oil that will help put SWMBO's mind at ease? We have a young family so schools, sports facilities etc etc are important.

Just shoot suburbs at me and I'll do the research.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Do you know where in Brisbane you will be working? You may want to try and live near to work as the arterial roads get pretty bad. Moving is always a good opportunity to cut down on transit time.

I lived in The Gap for a while. Very nice suburb on the north side.

Dont do it quincy. Dont leave the shire!

I live in the Grange which is right next to lutwyche but just north of there is good. Gap, Ashgrove, McDowell, Wavell Heights are all not bad. It depends on what you want to spend....Albany creek is a far way out in peak hour...

Hope this helps..

Hockadays

Has anybody ever heard of someone moving Out of THE SHIRE???????
You are breaking new ground
Cheers & Good Luck
Gerard

Quincy !
How dare you think of such !
Turn into on toad........not me

Shire or Die !!

Cheers :beerbang:
' The Kurnell Kid '

As yet another Shire (or should that be 'The Shire') person I am dismayed to lose somebody to our northern neighbours.

Surely this must be the last resort of a desperate person :p

Oh yes - I did work for a few years up till recently on the Gold Coast but that doesn't count. <_<

Best of luck though.

Trev

hockadays said:
....Albany creek is a far way out in peak hour...

Hockadays
[post="75814"][/post]​

In travel time 30mins??? or more?

Trev, Homebrewworld, Gerard

I know - moving OUT of the shire seems almost suicidal :( but the job offer is pretty good.
You know - Sea Change and all that.
Also sick and tired of 1 hour "peak hour" travel each way just to travel 20 odd km's. :angry:

Still haven't accepted the job yet. Don't know what the hell to do at this point ;)

Hock - thanks for the list of suburbs.

Cheers

Quincy
I hope you go to QLD. I have been on the waiting list to get into The Shire for ages now. I told them I knew Trev, but it didn't seem to help. If you go I am one spot closer to heaven.
Cheers
Gerard

all of Brizvegas is Good....the Gap and Albany Creek are nice......if you want to go a little further north the Redcliffe penisula is good...only 30 mins to the city

Quincy,

Once you've moved mate, you'll wonder why you ever even questioned it - One bloody big holiday up here - Come & live the good life... :party:

but dont live to close to Ross - he'll drink all your beer :p

Ross said:
Quincy,

Once you've moved mate, you'll wonder why you ever even questioned it - One bloody big holiday up here - Come & live the good life... :party:
[post="76107"][/post]​
....says Ross who works about 2 hours a day and brews the rest of the time :p

Snow said:
Ross said:
Quincy,

[post="76107"][/post]​
....says Ross who works about 2 hours a day and brews the rest of the time :p
[post="76180"][/post]​

Doesn't everyone ;) :D

Shame real pubs are becoming harder and harder to find in Brisbane. Why does everything have to be shiny and trendy now?

Gday Quincy

I think that peak hour from Albany Creek to Lutwych on a bad day could take an hour!
Just letting you know.

Adam

Murray said:
Shame real pubs are becoming harder and harder to find in Brisbane. Why does everything have to be shiny and trendy now?
[post="76237"][/post]​

if they are not shiny and trendy, they are full of pokies......what happend to pool and darts

Back