Real Ale Invitational

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT

Reaction score
The Toxteth Hotel and Six String Brewing have joined to celebrate traditional
British style ‘Real Ale’. The event will feature one-of-a-kind cask-conditioned beers from 12
Australian breweries. Experience the artistry of craft brewing in the form of traditional cask conditioned
beer.

To remain true to the spirit of "real ale", all beers are conditioned naturally without artificially
introducing CO2 into the cask, and will be poured by straight from the cask. Cask conditioning
results in a gentler level of carbonation, a rounder mouth feel and a more complex flavour
profile.

The line-up will include New South Wales breweries; Six String, Young Henry's, New England,
Batch, Wayward, 4 Pines with interstate guests Two Birds, 3 Ravens, Pikes and Newstead.
The Pink Boots Society will be entering a cask as will one wildcard, a local home brewer.
The Toxteth Hotel will donate all proceedings from the event to the Pink Boots Society. Pink
Boots Society was created to empower female beer professionals to advance their careers in
the beer industry through education. Such a donation will be put towards the Pink Boots
Society's grants program or help with overseas scholarship opportunities. NNL Brewing has
also helped source all the casks and will be present on the day.
The casks will be tapped at midday and the afternoon will include live music and English-style
pork pies to match the traditional ales.

Real Ale invitational.jpg

Why am I always in Sydney a week early or a week late for every bloody thing.

I just came in my pants. I am seriously considering a road trip (it's a days drive for me).

Back