Re-pitchin?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanbos

Reaction score
my latest brew hasnt started to ferment so i was thinking of pitching another yeast, how long do i have to do this before the wort is tottaly stuffed?

cheers

Is this the same brew as you mentioned in another thread? If it is then I think the issue was that the airlock wasn't sealing, in which case my advice would be to not worry.

If it's a new batch I would repitch if there is no sign of krausen within 12 hours. A properly aerated wort with a healthy yeast population pitched into it should be going feverishly within 12 hours.

Chatty

Also was it you that had saflager at 5oC? if yes ..turn up the temp to 10oC

Ummmm i have killed a few yeasts in my day

Also newbies ringing up at the shop re airlock not bubbling turn out to have killed the yeast. . .all this seems to show that in a well sanitised fermenter a wort will keep for a few days, plenty of time to buy another yeast.

Always, courage! Beer is very forgiving, buy another bloody yeast, pitch away and very likely a great beer will result

Jovial Monk

after having a few yeasts fail on me, I've been starting the yeast in a cup of water, and if I don't have a capuccino after waiting a while, I won't pitch.

Back