Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-arranged the Brewhouse this morning

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Patrick_BCB, 3/2/19.

1. Patrick_BCB

Posted 3/2/19
    The stars aligned this weekend. Had 3 beers finish fermenting the same week so have them all kegged which means all but one of my fridges were empty.
    Add a wet weekend, and not brewing due to the amount of kegs on the go meant I got a chance to move stuff around and have a general clean up.

2. find_another_slave

Posted 3/2/19
    I think my brewhouse qualifies for an episode of "Hoarders" at the momemt - I can only dream of mine looking that organised. (To be fair, somehow my space has become the default dumping ground for the household...)

3. Patrick_BCB

Posted 3/2/19
    ^ Mine too, but I did a dump run yesterday and got rid of a lot of crap ;)

4. captnhaddock

Posted 3/2/19
    how do you like your SS conical fermenters?

5. Patrick_BCB

Posted 3/2/19
    They are pretty much all I have used, so can't compare. They have been good, but I accidentally bought one without the temp probe - which I think it is the biggest selling point for these.

I am however trying to rationalise buying the SS Unitanks as replacements.....

6. stevodevo

Home Page:
    Posted 15/2/19
    Hey Pat, I like that idea of putting the little spout brushes in your taps (or at least that's what it looks like from where I'm sitting) instead of the usual rubber caps. I've had mould grow inside those caps so I'm not really a fan, but it would seem the brushes might allow a bit of air flow while keeping most critters out. Is it working like that for you?

It's funny that pic caught my attention, because I know a guy in Brissy that brews under his house with multiple chronicals ;-) I just got my Ss Unitank, so we should catch up for a beer (bring that texan guy along too) to compare notes once I get a few brews done with it.

7. Abird89

Posted 18/2/19 at 7:56 AM
    I use the brushes and they work great. Never had any mould

stevodevo likes this.