Rbc Ordering/email

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
These guys just will not respond to my emails , don't they want sell in to Australia?
:angry:

what is rbc, rbc financial group? rbc.com?

im guessing not

Hi Batz
When I was looking for taps a few months ago I emailed RBC, but got the same response - zip.

I'd read comments on AHB that you need to be persistant with them
Best overseas response I got was from wholesaledraft.com and their pricing was roundabout the same.

Post/freight costs killed the deal for me though.
I ended up buying second hand taps locally for about half the new price.

The guy I bought from is local and installs beer equipment, so is a real good source of gear and advice - worth looking after with a beer or two!

jaytee

Batz

when I ordered stuff from them I first asked some questions but never got an answer. I then sent an order from another email address and got a reply within 2 days. I just think that he can't be stuffed answering Q's

Hoops

Yep, same deal here. I had varied responses, sometimes replies, sometimes not, sometimes quick, sometimes slow. I think they just get absolutely flooded with questions that I guess most of the time never eventuate with sales. I did order through them and was very pleased with all the things I got, my order was correct, the postage was a lot cheaper than I thought and I'm happy. It saved me an absolute fortune buying from the states in the end. I'm going to buy some faucets and shanks through them soon. I won't bother emailing, I'll just place the order.

Cheers, Justin

Justin said:
got, my order was correct, the postage was a lot cheaper than I thought and I'm happy. It saved me an absolute fortune buying from the states in the end. I'm going to buy some faucets and shanks through them soon.
Cheers, Justin
Justin,

What did you buy from them?

And if you don't mind me asking, what sort of $'s was the postage?

Cheers,
Jase

No probs, I'll give the approx australian $ conversion per item for what I paid and what it would have cost had I bought them here, for the US price you can see the site.
I bought:

5 gas/liquid disconnects ($4.50 each vs. $16.50+)
6 cornelius posts for my kegs ($8 vs. $20)
6 Firestone posts ($5 vs. $20)
3 plastic 2 piece pressure release valves ($2.50, can't get them here)
6 cornelius poppets ($3 vs. $7.50-$9)
6 firestone poppets ($3 vs. $7.50-$9)
2 picnic taps ($2, don't know if you can get them here)
6 keg oring/gasket reconditioning kits ($3 vs. $10)
4 stainless gas diptubes ($1.30 vs. $3.50)
10 1/4" nut and stems (for the disconnects, $2, don't know here)

Postage by global priority mail was $12AUS, took 2 weeks to arrive. It all fitted in one of their envelopes. The exchange rate was about 0.75 at the time.

I think that was about it. I basically rebuilt a set of 4 kegs that I bought cheap that were missing bits, and then got all the other bits I needed to set up my kegging sysytem, disconnects and picnic faucets etc. As you can see, if I'd bought them here it would have cost me considerably more and it actually would have cheaper buying whole complete kegs (if the parts were bought here I was looking at $100 per keg, I did the whole lot for about $40 a keg). I saved a fair bit on the disconnects etc as well.

Cheers, Justin

Back