Rays outdoors burner and free pot offer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymzica

Reaction score
Rays Outdoors have a deal on at the moment, mega-jet burner and a free 38lt crabpot/pot!!!

I was going to buy just the burner last week for $169, lucky I couldn't get there as I got it today for the same price with a free 38lt solid pot!!! The price on the pot is $119!!

Winning!

that's what I needed it for! I wanted a 50lt pot but im only doing 23lt batches for my 19lt kegs so this should do fine!

Nice find, i use the BCF version of these. Can do 21 litre batches of normal beer no probs, high grav or higher volume with a sparge and/or top-up.

Does the pot come with an insert like the BCF ones? Very handy for BIAB.

I did about 100 x BIAB 23L brews using a 40L pot when I first got into all grain.

I got the 60 litre version with basket. The burner is 104000 btu. workss a treat!!

Did my first BIAB in it and its a cracker!!

Does the burner run off a standard BBQ style gas bottle? Do you need a specific regulator as well?
Sounds like a pretty damn good deal :)

comes with high pressure regulator and comes with the insert in the pot too!!!!!

I use the burner and it's super. (2 BIAB batches in :)). Seriously good price though with the pot.

jaymzica said:
comes with high pressure regulator and comes with the insert in the pot too!!!!!
Very nice, tempted to get a second for double brewdays :p

I put four 1" aluminium standoff bolts in the bottom of my insert, then i put the bag in this. Can apply heat directly without having to hoist the bag, great for step mashing.

I attached 3 x 60mmx 10M s/s nuts/bolts to basket to raise for step mash.

IMG_0781_zps6a46b3b7.jpg

I got the email about the burner & pot combo last night, and was wondering how it would go for a BIAB setup. Works great, I take it? I've only been making Ginger Beers to date on the stove top, and been thinking of moving into AG beers for a little while. Do you rate this as a good investment to get into AG, or would I be better off going for some more purpose built equipment?

MCHammo said:
I got the email about the burner & pot combo last night, and was wondering how it would go for a BIAB setup. Works great, I take it? I've only been making Ginger Beers to date on the stove top, and been thinking of moving into AG beers for a little while. Do you rate this as a good investment to get into AG, or would I be better off going for some more purpose built equipment?
There is no right way or wrong way to get into AG, just get into it!
Price is good for what you get!

Cheers,
D80

Back