Quantcast

Rate My Ginger Beer

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

nicholask

Reaction score
So I have 20 L of Coopers GB brewing as of 1 hour ago.. I used 1kg of dextrose and also added 500ml of buderim GB cordial, was reading a forum post of people doing this, but I am still unsure.. Will this be a failure? This is my first Kit brew of anything ever.

Cheers guys,
Nick

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
It'll be fine. Some are more sensitive to the artificial sweetener taste than others. Assuming you're okay with that then I reckon you'll like it. Try adding fresh ginger to the next one (via a boil) and maybe some spices. Cinnamon and cardamom work well. Many people like chili - I find it too hard to get the balance right so don't bother.

Good luck with it.

Wolfy

Reaction score
It will not be a failure, it should be drinkable and enjoyable.
However in the future you might find that you enjoy adding/changing things to enhance it more toward what you will like even more.

nicholask

Reaction score
It will not be a failure, it should be drinkable and enjoyable.
However in the future you might find that you enjoy adding/changing things to enhance it more toward what you will like even more.
I was going to add the juice of a lemon also, but I was unsure of what was in the kit already so I played it safe. But you are exactly right.

Latest posts