Rare Commercial Beer In Townsville

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cripple469

Reaction score
It's hard to find rare commercial beer in Townsville unless you order it, you go into the Brewery or Dan Murphy's mistakenly receive a carton of something awesome.

If you find some commercial beer that is new, rare or exciting, give us the low down.

I just bought Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere (2012), Burleigh Brewing Black Giraffe and Ballast Point Porter tallies - 3 for $30!!

Cheers Hubert, must give the ol' H'park pub a look-see.

Having tried most of the selection from Dans it would be nice to actually find something new to try, not that i have drank any comercial beer for a few months now.

Also, welcome to the forum as a posting member Steve, joining in '08 and not posting till mow may be some sort of record for this site. :p

Cheers Hubert, must give the ol' H'park pub a look-see.

Having tried most of the selection from Dans it would be nice to actually find something new to try, not that i have drank any comercial beer for a few months now.

Also, welcome to the forum as a posting member Steve, joining in '08 and not posting till mow may be some sort of record for this site. :p

Thanks Ivan. I thought it best I stop lurking about and show my handsome face :ph34r: .

$15 for 3 Gage Road Tallies (Alpha, Sleeping Giant & London Best) from BWS right now. Better than a poke in the eye, or the groin.

Kudos to Grant for the heads up.

Grant has found a stash of cheap craft beer at the Kirwan Dan Murphy's. Apparently there are cartons hidden under tables:
- 6 Pack of Tower 10 for $6
- 4 Pack of Mountain Goat IPA for $10
- 6 Red Oak Organic PA for $12.30
- Carton of Sleeping Giant IPA tallies for $29.50
- Carton of Alpha PA for $45
- $2 off Burleigh Brewing Figjam bottles
- Crown Ambassador was also masquerading as a craft beer for $47.

Murdoch found Gage Roads Convict for $2 off at First Choice on Sturt Street.

Finally, Younga has been hitting the Vale IPA on tap pretty hard at the Vale Hotel in Aitkenvale. If we drink a whole keg they'll probably keep it!

Let us know if you see anything else!

Latest posts

Back