Rambo Burner Blocked Jets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaselEstateBrewery

Reaction score
Hello brewers. I have had a Rambo burner for about 2 - 3 years, and noticed quite a few of the jets are blocked. There is lots of soot produced, the bottom of my pots are black. Pretty sure this is related.

Am thinking of drilling them back out, is this the right approach? Anyone else experienced this?

OOOPs posted this in retail section, not sure how to move it.

Pretty sure you can get a set of files from BOC that will clean out the jets. They are like a bunch of different size needles/stick looking things that are designed for this job.

Or pipe cleaners..
Yes, I smoke a pipe. No, not that sort of pipe.

Drill bit (sligthy smaller than the un-fouled jet holes), on a low speed setting drill, will clean it out in a jiffy, though. But all other options mentioned thus far would also work.

Needle files, as mentioned, are best suited for the purpose; but why pay for something you might only need to use every year or so?...Wire brush would work, to an extent, and who doesn't need a wire brush in their toolbox, anyway? But it's labour intensive. As are pipe cleaners....

No, a slightly undersized drill bit is the best bet, imo, is the easiest and quickest option all around. Unless you don't already have drill bits....if you need to go out and buy something, get the files.

or use those nasty little fuckers that dentists use for root canals

could get the mrs to dress up as a nurse too!

Nice one guys, thanks for the tips much appreciated. I am going to give some of these a crack 2nite.

If they fail, the suggestion below will be used as a fallback :rolleyes:

or use those nasty little fuckers that dentists use for root canals

could get the mrs to dress up as a nurse too!

Yeah mate just get an air gun on to it and give a good blow with air

I drilled my spiral burner out if that helps
Then blow out with compressed air

In the spirit of this then, I have an italian spiral that was left outside upside down and has rust on it where flame took off the paint. Holes not blocked but in many parts rusty. Should I put on the stuff that converts the rust to a harmless compound and wire brush it off before painting with fire resistant paint to reduce chance of more rust? Any ides on a suitable paint?

Thanks,

R

Back