R.i.p My Two Brewing Assistants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickB

I haven't had a C**t all night, Drinkstable....
Reaction score
I have had the devastating news over the past 24 hours that my two best mates and brewing assistants, have been killed in a horrible accident.

Desi was a 9yo Chocolate Lab, a big boy but a gentle giant. He loved nothing more than 'helping' you do anything by sitting on your feet, and loved to clean the dregs out of the mash tun....

Desi001.jpg

Molly was a 3yo Chocolate Lab, gentle, loving, and only 8 weeks ago gave birth to a litter of 10 pups. She was an amazing companion and never left Desi's side.

Molly001.jpg

They died as they lived - together as best friends .

My wife and I are just shattered. Having no kids of our own meant that they were our kids...

They will be sadly missed.

R.I.P little ones

:(

Really sorry to hear it Nick. I'd be devastated if I lost my brewing/study/gardening/cooking assistant.

All the best to you and Mrs NickB.

JD.

I have had the devastating news over the past 24 hours that my two best mates and brewing assistants, have been killed in a horrible accident.

Desi was a 9yo Chocolate Lab, a big boy but a gentle giant. He loved nothing more than 'helping' you do anything by sitting on your feet, and loved to clean the dregs out of the mash tun....

View attachment 58950

Molly was a 3yo Chocolate Lab, gentle, loving, and only 8 weeks ago gave birth to a litter of 10 pups. She was an amazing companion and never left Desi's side.

View attachment 58951

They died as they lived - together as best friends .

My wife and I are just shattered. Having no kids of our own meant that they were our kids...

They will be sadly missed.

R.I.P little ones

:(

So sorry to hear that!!! They look like really beautiful and well-loved dogs.
RIP Desi and Molly xxxx

So sorry to here about your loss mate. RIP Desi and Molly. I would be devo if I lost my mutt.

mate,
that sucks. dont know what ill do when it happens.
will raise a beer for them later.

Sorry to hear NickB. I know how devastated I would be if I lost my 2 brewing assistents. RIP Desi and Molly

My sincerest condolences again, Nick. We've only had my brewing assistant for 18 months, and I can't imagine what it'd be like to have his life cut short like that, let alone what you and your wife must be going through.

Here for you if you need anything,
tallie

Thats terrible mate. I've seen you with those dogs and know what they obviously meant to you. I have just raised a glass in their honor. Got some very bad news myself today so I'll be having a couple.

Shit, thats not good Nick.

Ahh, no good at all. We've got 4 kids, two human, two canine. Somethimes the canine ones get better treatment than the human ones.

Feel for ya mate, labs are a great dog, had 2 of them as a kid.

Not good news when close ones are lost, I'll be holding a beer up to them tonight.

Sad to hear that Nick. Sorry for your & your wife's loss. Do you have any of those pups still?

So sorry to hear that Nick.

I had to put my Bluey to sleep a few years back and it was one of the most heartbreaking things my wife and I have ever had to endure.

R.I.P to your buddies.

Thanks guys, we have all but 2 of the pups still with us - so we are keeping 3 (one is still sick sadly so she can't be sold) and at least 2 are going to our family. Not great for some who have put deposits on them, but we will do what is right for us.

Nick

Back